Fly fishing meet up?

Dunkield

I am coming with Sgt Bang - who is a complete novice.

Drovers has been asked but hasn't replied just yet, as soon as he does, I will.

Mungler was interested, but last I heard just too damn lazy to reply :)

We will need breakfast, if either of you local boys can point us at somewhere near by that would be handy, it would also be a useful place to meet up for those getting there early.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D2D is looking into it, it is looking like 10/11th is that too soon?

Other than that, for me at least, it would have to be June and that filling up rapidly . .

If the end of May works for everyone else, go for that and I will catch with you next time :sly:

Morning all, I have spoken to the fishery and SATURDAY 10th MAY is ok, if we turn up with 10 bodies there is a bottle of scotch for the sweepstake.

Day ticket is £26, catch up to ten retain them in the crate and select the four best fish to take home with you at the end of the day.

Please pm me if you want to be included and I will give you finalised plan later on, will be an excellent day out in good surroundings, comfortable restroom for the wimps if we have a late April shower ???

Look forward to meeting a few more of you,

:lol: D2D

I will be away for a day or two if anyone needs further info on the jolly please contact Cranfield, I will visit the fishery on Tuesday to make 100% sure that it will be up to the demanding standards expected by our PW Flyfishing experts ??? Also to take a sneaky look at the bottle of Scotch ???

The weekend is forcast to be warm and sunny so Im off down to sussex in the caravan for the first trip this year, enjoy your weekend.

Sorry you cant make it to the gathering Martin, maybe next time?

:lol: D2D

Well i called the air lines and the flights that would land me there on the Friday are booked. Same as the Tuesday before and after, so looks like I am out of the picture for this one. There was a flight from Toronto but it was an extra $200 plus around $50 to get there and that put the tickets upto $750....alittle too much for just a weekend.

Have a good weekend Lads and enjoy. :sly:

NTTF

Come on, where are the fly fishers within a reasonable travelling distance of Tenterden in Kent ?

Next Saturday May 10th at Tenterden Trout Waters, a Meet Up for a day of trout fishing and social banter.

Meeting arrangements/times etc., will be posted later in the week.

If you are experienced, a novice, or don't even have your own trout gear and you are interested, please post on this thread.

We would like to get at least 10 anglers, to qualify for the free bottle of Scotch. :good:

NTTF, on your next scheduled trip we will fix up some trout fishing, thats a promise. :hmm:

I wouldnt say no to an invite :thumbs:

Visited the fishery last evening and walked around, the rises had to be seen to be believed, the water in the Dry fly only lake was boiling with rises,

I just sat for an hour taking it in as the sun went down.

Some very big fish actually left the water, its allways the same when you have no camera.

So who is up for this visit to flyfishers paradise?

As Cranfield said we have plenty of tackle between us so if you have ever wanted to have a go nows your chance, I will stay with you and give you some guidance.

:hmm: D2D

I am coming with Sgt Bang - who is a complete novice.

Drovers has been asked but hasn't replied just yet, as soon as he does, I will.

Mungler was interested, but last I heard just too damn lazy to reply :mad:

We will need breakfast, if either of you local boys can point us at somewhere near by that would be handy, it would also be a useful place to meet up for those getting there early.

Hi Stuartp had a think and only/best/convenient place for a passable brekkie is Sains (TN24 8YN 8am onwards) just a whisker off route junct9 m20 as you approach next roundabout (on route) take 1st out 800yds on left is store with full eating facilities.

Hope this helps and see you sat.

:good: D2D

I will be coming in from a different direction, can we make the breakfast meet in Tenterden ?

Having telephoned round and found The Whistle Stop hasn't reopened yet and most places don't open until 9am, I would suggest The White Lion Hotel in Tenterden High Street, breakfast from 8am, with parking behind the hotel.

8.30am sounds about right, all those in agreement say "Aye :look:".

I will be coming in from a different direction, can we make the breakfast meet in Tenterden ?

Having telephoned round and found The Whistle Stop hasn't reopened yet and most places don't open until 9am, I would suggest The White Lion Hotel in Tenterden High Street, breakfast from 8am, with parking behind the hotel.

I will see you at the fishery, they open at 0815 come when you finished your "croissants and coffee" :lol: Stuartp wanted a breakfast as they were driving a fair few miles whats your excuse Cranfield? :look:

See you all on sat,

:good: D2D

I will see you at the fishery, they open at 0815 come when you finished your "croissants and coffee" :good: Stuartp wanted a breakfast as they were driving a fair few miles whats your excuse Cranfield? :look:

See you all on sat,

:look: D2D

D2D, just good old Kentish hospitality and having had a breakfast at the White Lion, I am about due another one. :lol:

I would suggest The White Lion Hotel in Tenterden High Street, breakfast from 8am, with parking behind the hotel.

That sounds good to me, we will get there as soon as we can M25 permitting.

Get the priorities right, although NTTF may well be right, if the weather is anything like today the best fishing will be at either end of the day, but nevermind we like a bit of a challenge.

We may just have to nip out for a pint at lunchtime for a break as wel :look:

D2D you sound a bit too keen to me!

Good grief. :lol:

Thats quite clever.

No it`s very old, it was a forces favourite.

"What time is it mate ?"........"Cowboy time!" ........."Cowboy time, whatever do you mean??"

............" Ten to ten, ten to ten, ten to ten ten ten" (to the tune of the William Tell overture)