Fly fishing meet up?

Dunkield

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stuart come down to devon, u know u want to.

i would be up for it, if it were down here.

ye come on down m8 ile bring the refreshments for us all we can go amherst tavistock burton springs hollies flowers farm sutton clatworthy anywhere you like buddy spoilt for choice down here :yes:

stuart come down to devon, u know u want to.

I do I do, I have fished..

East and West Dart, Watercress Farm, Wistlandpound, Wimbleball, Fernworthy, Kennick, Tottiford, Burator, Venford Dam(?) and few others I can't remember right now. Just typing that out makes me home sick for Devon and I don't even live there ;)

I wouldn't mind a trip down, but that would mean a couple of days, and trust me my sporting commitments for the year are already pushing the boundries of what a even a happy marraige can withstand :yes:

And Mungler, yes you ideally need a 9' 5/6 weight Greys 3 piece GRXi, new, in it's tube, still with the plastic on the handle for about 70 quid.

All you need to do is find someone silly enough to offer such a deal :D

No chum,

It's still the closed season here for us, it opens again on the 16th June.

Normally it doesn't get exciting until the fry have grown up a bit, say September, but I have feeling we will try and get out in June.

I want to give that killer plug a swim and see what it brings up ;)

But as stated above time is the issue, I am going to Slovenia for 4 days fishing in June and then sea fishing the weekend after that and then . . . :yes:

im sure u can stretch for a weekend fown here stuart.

dad still owes me my 18th Bday pressie, a new fly rod of my choice, not sure what to go for though.

a small rod more suitable for streams and small rivers, or a larger rod for lakes and larger rivers.

oh what to do.

Aren't all rivers free? :D:hmm:

Just saw this, they are almost free Martin, you can fish the East and West Dart on a Duchy of Cornwall ticket for a nominal fee, it used to be about a fiver I would imagine it is £10 now.

So as always it would seem a 'meet' depends on how many people there are in one area, or how far people are prepared to travel.

I was originally thinking of South of the M25 but I don't know any fisheries round there :blush:

I could be interested if dates/locations match up.

I think you have to decide first if you want to fly fish rivers, or still waters.

Rivers are harder to find, more expensive and usually harder to fish.

They are also difficult to fly fish in a social sense, as you don't want another angler within 100 yards (at least) of you.

Stillwaters are reasonably plentiful, cheaper, often contain obliging fish and more conducive to the social side.

Many are aesthetically pleasing with mature surroundings and good facilities.

Once that decision is made, a location has to be agreed.

Its probable that a different venue in each area could be suggested and then people can choose whats convenient for them.