Local Golf Course.

Lloyd90

Just phoned the local course, its about 5 minutes away. The woman on the phone kindly asked for me and said the Chairman of Course would be there in 15 minutes and to phone back. Really hope they say yes. I could really use this permission as then I can put in for my FAC since i'd have good land. :hmm:

Any tips on what to say ?

I left my number and hes going to phone me when hes in from the course. Hopefully this is it :good:

UPDATE: They said that I just need to send them a letter in and they will sign so I can have permission to shoot there. Brilliant. I didnt get the Golf Course 10 mins away but I got an even closer one. Although they did say Air Rifles ONLY! Guess I cant be going for a .22. Oh well, was considering a good PCP anyways. Cheers guys.

What letter would you recommend I send ?

Edited by Bigthug87

you need to tell him you,ll RESPECT his golf course and you won,t go stomping all over the greens, act like you know a little bit about golf !!

tell him you will walk the boundries first before you even go on with a rifle and make sure you check ALL the boundaries and back stops( even suggest walking round with him or the head greenkeeper)

i shoot 2 golf courses near me and you shold be o-k, both mine are rated for .22 hornet?fox rounds !!!

all the best

shaun

I have a couple of golf courses that i shoot on one i shoot at night the other i only shoot from 4-30am till 6-30 or 7-00 am when the green staff start to arrive and work the course...

Early morning can be a good time for the rabbits i usually get a couple of dozen or so in a couple of hours, as well as a few crows ,pigeons and the odd magpie... <_<:lol: :lol: :lol:

Take it 1 step at a time. Tell him you wil not damage any areas on the course and that you will remove all rabbits etc when you leave. I do monthly shoot reports which go before a greens/club meeting so it looks like a proper job. this then leads to more permission as you can use these for references etc. If he says yes just use your air rifle for a while and then ask him if he would support your application for a more powerfull calibre ie fac. Tell him the control will be better. I shoot when no players are on courses or when courses are closed. WATCH out for joe bloggs looking for balls though!!!!!!!!!! <_< Hope this helps

DW Martin dont give up. :good: My cousin was workin as a green keeper in the golf course that I got turned down in for a while but was "layed off" when it was a quiet patch. I was hoping he could help me get permish but he finished before I asked.

Well just the other day they asked him back again and now hes there again. Every could had a silver lining matey. Hopefully ina few weeks I can ask and maybe get them both as permission.

Any tips on a letter to use for consent ? Its only for rabbit really. Appreciate help :hmm::good:

DW Martin dont give up. :hmm: My cousin was workin as a green keeper in the golf course that I got turned down in for a while but was "layed off" when it was a quiet patch. I was hoping he could help me get permish but he finished before I asked.

Well just the other day they asked him back again and now hes there again. Every could had a silver lining matey. Hopefully ina few weeks I can ask and maybe get them both as permission.

Any tips on a letter to use for consent ? Its only for rabbit really. Appreciate help :hmm::good:

I used this one from carlos, just mess about with it a bit and dont forget to put a S.A.E in them :good:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...=59541&st=0

Very difficult to gain permission on golf courses. The rabbits don't do any damage to the greens and keep the rough down, so most keepers encourage rabbit population. Its the crows that nick the golf balls that are the problems

Jonno

well were i live the rabbits are digging up the greens so thay do damage.

First Ive ever heard of it johno, in fact every golf course I know of has people who shoot the rabbits because they are a pest and destroy the course.

I was lucky to get permission here, :hmm: the other golf course was already full. Cant see any golf managers wanting rabbits on the course, they dig up the course and cause plently of problems, the green keepers are there to keep the course grass right not the wildlife.

Very difficult to gain permission on golf courses. The rabbits don't do any damage to the greens and keep the rough down, so most keepers encourage rabbit population. Its the crows that nick the golf balls that are the problems

Jonno

The rabbits cause the main concern to the greens staff via the bunkers which means they are out each morning raking them before the old gadgys get on the course. Sometimes they scratch at the greens and dig holes so they are a nigtmare. They also attract mr fox and of course dare i say it poachers who again trample over evrything in site to get the blighters!! so with respect 98% of the time they are a real burden on the greenkeepers which is good news for all of us that get to control their numbers

A friend of mine bought a golf course a couple of years ago and asked if I'd like a go at the rabbits. The course was busy right up to the last bit of light so we didn't get out until well past 10. I would imagine this is the case with most courses.

We did have use of a golf buggy, which was unusual shooting transport! Great for carrying the shot coneys!

:good::)

• 2 weeks later...

as well as my own, i have 5 golf courses, 4 mainly pest, & a large spot /driving range passed for all !!

digging bunkers,,goose fouling paths,, & deer chewing sapplings..all need to be balanced!!

keep up the good work, get a open ticket & take a 22hornet,for pest, now thats fun! :yes:

Edited by badger007