first bike

stuart92

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every ones had to start somwhere dirty h, ive owned many monsters mate....but when i was 17 a super dream was a slick machine ! ( bad i know) incidentally, ive had an sp1... but my fondest memories of riding bikes are on a puch pedal and rip through the town park as a kid.....which led on to a honda CR500 crosser(mentalists tool of ignorance) and then a whole load of gas gas trials bikes and competition riding....... roads bikes where great ive had all sorts, blades ducatti 916,998, suk TL1000r but now, im mostly made of nuts and bolts... part robotic and ALL my luck used up..... them days are over.....and all have have left is a limp, aches and pains, arthritis.... and memories of "little bikes" like cub90's with 3 up.....

Edited by myzeneye

AP50, and another AP50 then a A100 ( of which the engine fitted an AP50 :yp: :good: ) then a SS50, AR50, SR50, XL100, GT185 ( woo!! ) TZR125, XL185, TZR250 ( blue printed motor :hmm::hmm: ) KR1S and currently have a RD200DX ( in yellow, cafe racer style, microns ace bars, great for the back :good: ) and a RD125DX in many bits, i have a 'thing' about smoky two strokes that make lots of noise :yay:

lots of bikers here then.....

has everyone seen anthony hopkins in " THE WORLDS FASTEST INDIAN " ? If you havent, its a great MUST SEE for anyone with a bike interest.... brilliant true storie about burt monroe, a crazy old new zelander who fullfilled his lifes dream of taking his old suped up indian to the salt flats a bonaville to set a world record......

an outstanding film which slipped by unnoticed.... any bloke will love it.

it has the myzeneye seal of approval, for sure....

Lambretta GP200 innocenti was my very first bike I bought. I borrow other bikes and passed my test when the examiner was on foot

I think I paid £16 to pass my test

The lambretta was my pride and joy it went to a few rallies. Happy memoirs and happy days. You could tell the mods which rode lambrettas they had calf muscles the size of footballs from pushing the usless thing home when it brokedown when it rained. Still loved it though

I had an Arthur Francis 225 Bultaco piston and barrel reworked and a massive amal carb that would suck a small child in they got near the bellmouth of the carb

last bike sold 6years ago GSXR 750L Oil cooler, first model with the UD forks

Jonno

I had a sym DD50 which blew up about three months after buying it. However, I turned 17 just as it happened, so my dad was all up for me getting a 125. Got a Rieju SMX 125, brand new, which I fell off four days after buying. About a year on I got some goon in a L200 go up my *** when I was stopped. With the SMX dead I bought a Suzuki DR125, which I had for two weeks before some dozey bint pulled out in front of me. Went into the side of the car, over the top and landed on my right hand and fractured my wrist. I've got the SMX back on the road after being told by the DVLA it was never a write off :good: Now I've done me test and bought a Yamaha FZR 400, which I can't wait to have on the road! If anybody knocks me off that theres gonna be hell to pay!

first road bike... and im suprised no one else has mentioned one yet.... Honda super dream.... first in a long line....

yes they did :lol: B)

honda 250 (cannot remember model but too fat and heavy)

:P

Nope.... mine wasn't a superdream... it was before those. It was a twin with a monster tank and more shiney bits than a tarts handbag.

My Yamaha XT 225 serow is for sale on this forum.... >>> click for picture <<<

As I passed a car test first (way back then) you could ride upto 250 with passing test,

Fist off road bike Triumph Tiger Cub 200.

So first on road bike was a Harley D 250 Trials (italian built)

Then came the new laws when I needed to go back to bikes,

Yam 100 Just to get thru my test,

Honda 250 Super dream

Yam 250 RD

Then came company cars and thus ended my run of Bikes.

Trev

Yamaha fizz or FS1E had prob 4 or 5 @ a time and more than 20-30 i think no joke main one was purple

i had mag wheels with a a racing pod seat a overbore piston , new jets and micron can exhaust basically everything i could possibly get my hands on to make it look and go fast lol about 55mph i rem rightly, and used to rattle the little ends every for 200 miles or so lol

then i had a suzuki ap50 again overbore this thin did no joke 65mph and was so quick to get there it was unreal

than i made a silly jump to RD250 twin what a beast 2stoke twin that did over 100mph

wish i had em all now great fun we all used to run them on some funny oil that left a vapor trail that smelt great

what was that oil called i cant rem for the life of me ?

:lol: CASTROL RRRRRRRR LUVLY B) :P

yehh that was it thank you that was bugging me lol yehh great smell we all used to run our 2 strokes on it ..

funny i haven't smelt that i a while might get some for the leaf blower hahahah

Edited by jayward

Yam RDZ 125......not the easiest to do a figure of 8 on for Part 1........should have gone for the DT 125....

Kwak GPZ 500S.....lovely twin......manual choke......easy to ride......

Triumph TT600.....after about 10 years off bikes.....

Triumph Daytona 675.....awesome.....much more capable than me.......

Maybe a Speedmaster when it's time to slow down........

fisrt bikes

non legal (b4 i got a licience)

bsa bantam

honda crunch 50 70 90

suzuki 175

bsa starfire 250

legal on the road

mobylette 49cc

ap50 suzuki (red)

yam dt 100

rd 250 e

rd250dx

rd250lc

rd350lc

and fell off everyone

best time of my life wish i could go back in time

atb

tractorboy :lol: B) :P

Had to respond to this one as it brings back so many fond memories.......my first bike was a Suzuki AP50, how I loved that bike, then I got a Suzuki X7 and was I king of the road. I used to get up at 6 in the morning just to go for a ride before work! I've had loads since...Honda 750 fours, GPZ900's (now there was a bike), FJ1200's, FZR1000, GSX1400, Aprilia Falco and now out back is a Blackbird. Have to say though the X7 was my favourite it seemed so fast at the time and that smell of two stroke oil :lol: ..................is there a one of those little faces that shows an audible sigh?? B)

First bike I rode was something with a villers engine that me Dad built. All I can remember it had a armoured rubber hose as part of the exhaust system and all 3 of us rode it (3 brothers me the youngest) on the old bomb site at the back of our house in the deepest darkest Black Country. :o

CZ250 :no: that lasted 6 months

Yamaha RD250DX

Suzuki GT250 RAM AIR

Triumph Daytona 500

Yamaha GS650 US custom

Reliant regal (KID arrived)

Cars

Honda VF750FE one of the last made so the cams were not made of chocolate.

Fracture dislocation of shoulder ending up with artifical shoulder joint. No didnt fall of bike fell off an expletive canal boat 8 years ago. But sodit now lusting after

YAMAHA MT01 :o :hmm::hmm:

takes me back. from the top

suzuli ts 125

bultaco sherpa 125 on the road

kawasaki kl 250

suzuki gt 250 ram

honda 400 4

suzukipe 175

yam dt 175

armstrong 250 eduro

suzuki gt 750a 3 pot kettle

honda cbx 1000 6 pot

honda cbr1100 semi race

yam xt 500

yam xt 600

montessa honda 248 trials

montessa cota 249 trials

cotton minarelli trials cant remember what cc

currently running a 97 rrv900 fireblade.

even survived all the years with not to much bodily damage, mainly off road.

best years of my life and my all time favourite bike was

XT 500 would do and go anywhere. totally bomb proof.

first bike i roide was a m8s it was a old 50cc puch we used to ride it round fields and then we had a shared cub 90 then a shared xl125 we smashed that on the canal path he ditched it ...then i got my own bike first road bike was a think its a 1983 honda melody pritty sure its that year still have it in the shed then i got a 1989 mz simpson sr50 still have this aswell then had anouther fieldbike a proper crazy 350cc antig speedway bike i used to ride on the flat fields and down the lanes bloody hell it was fast and no brakes......now run a sym quadlander 250 57 plate will geta bigger bike when can afford 1