Midges - a discussion on how to keep them away

JohnGalway

im trying "jungle formula" from asda at the mo.... roll on type..... seems o.k i think... spent last night on a beach where they like a munch... got the odd bite, but only on the places i hadnt put it !!! still, you cant cover yourself completly in it !!!

my mates dad never gets bit, he say it cos her takes garlic tablets :good:

alos, i suffer ALOT with the ******* in my garden at home..... is there any plants i can plant to deter them :good: or any i should remove :good: the pesky critters drive me indoors and leave me with a fear to open the windows....

i must tatse good......

I've tried this stuff within our home for the past couple of years and had good results with it (bite-free summers). :good: Click on the link: Antimos

Pot of this in each room does the trick. Don't know if they do a cream or spray version for when you're out an' about though.

Eat garlic - Also that 'jungle formula' works well as suggested before

The mossies' that are at one of my shoots will eat you alive and that jungle stuff works - Ask magman, he has had a few 'bites' of the bloody things when he shoots down here.

Edited by tulkyuk

The best one I have found is the army issue one. :good: It is like a cream, smells pretty okay and doesn't leave your skin feeling like it is covered in oil - I hate that feeling! If you know soembody in the forces see if they can get you some - or - is there a good army surplus store near you?

Pushkin :good:

Mr Lee, the army one I mentioned is just a fresh smell - no strong perfume to it - well it wouldn't if it is being issued to the forces - would it? :hmm:

Pushkin :good:

Would certainly hope not! :good::hmm:

I have a mate in the forces...may have to have a word. :good:

i got a bad savaging from fire ants whilst in florida. used the OFF spray and they never tried again. wish i had used it first, as im badly scared on my feet :good:

hols169.jpg

nobody belives ants can bite you, ill tell you they do!!

martin, my coat hangs up by the back door... i put it on the other day and felt excrutiating pain in the neck, and again, and again and so on...... it had bit about 8 times before my brain fired up and told me a wasp was in my coat..... i wipped it off and shook it about expecting to see a wazzer...... and a bloody ant fell out.......!!! i never thought they could bite so visciously..... a spot of vinigar took away the sting quick enough but i smelt like a pickled onion all day.

i got a bad savaging from fire ants whilst in florida. used the OFF spray and they never tried again. wish i had used it first, as im badly scared on my feet :good:

hols169.jpg

nobody belives ants can bite you, ill tell you they do!!

Martin,

Is that a photo of how your foot looked immediately after or was it taken much later.

Nasty b'ggrs.

I find a decoy works best - go out with someone they can't resist. It's very cheap especially if your decoy is Mark Bivvy.