Hunting trips

Lloyd90

Alot of people seem to go out hunting/shooting on land near them and are home by the next day or so :good:

Well just wondering If anyone goes hunting for say a few days, where you would set up camp, go hunting, bring back what you got, cook it over a nice fire and camp out!

Just wondering as this to be would be amazingly fun! :yes: Although it appears most shoots arent like this :P lol!

Anyone get up to any hunting trips out there ? Share some experiences :P

Alot of people seem to go out hunting/shooting on land near them and are home by the next day or so :good:

Well just wondering If anyone goes hunting for say a few days, where you would set up camp, go hunting, bring back what you got, cook it over a nice fire and camp out!

Just wondering as this to be would be amazingly fun! :yes: Although it appears most shoots arent like this :( lol!

Martinmoreton does that with fishing, but he doesn't have to bring much back, because he catches **** all

:P:hmm::lol: :o :lol::lol:

Edited by Chard

A few of us go up to North Yorkshire a couple of times a year for a few nights camping and hunting. We are in the middle of nowhere so we take all our water, food, beer etc with us and set up camp. We go shooting during the day, some times a bit of lamping but not often as the beers usually flowing by evening and the rule is as soon as the first beer comes out the guns go away. What we shoot during the day is what we tend to eat at night around the camp fire, so it's usually rabbit and pigeon (pigeon is delicious on the bbq) but wev'e tried most things including crows, squirrels etc (which arn't so nice). If we go during the season one of lads dads comes with us (in his late 70's) and he brings his camping cookers and just stays in the tents cooking game stews, pies whatever you could think of and he loves it. It really is a great laugh and a brilliant few days away from work and the wife with great mates doing what we like doing best.

Sounds fantastic mate! Seems I need to get few mates interested in shooting haha! :good: How come you get to use that land then ? Is it on your FAC ? lol, this kind of hinders our hunting trips IMO! In US they can just get a hunting permit and heading into the woods for a few days, over here all land needs to be checked and such :yes:

:hmm::lol: :o :P

Just wondering as this to be would be amazingly fun! :yes: Although it appears most shoots arent like this :( lol!

Martinmoreton does that with fishing, but he doesn't have to bring much back, because he catches **** all

:lol::lol: :( :lol::lol::lol:

shut it you :lol::lol::P at least they let me out once in a while :P

The farmers brilliant and more or less lets us get on with it. I only use the shotgun or sometimes the air rifle but my brother and his mates have got rimmys cleared for the land as they have been shooting up there for more than 20 years. There's a good few hundred acres so we usually ask the farmer where he's having problems and we tend to concentrate on that area. It's the only chance i really get to go shooting now as i now live in North Wales (originally from Leeds) and havn't got any land down here for shooting on (not through lack of trying) but i keep trying and hopefully one day. Iv'e just signed up for college on a gamekeeping apprentership course (i'm a wall and floor tiler by trade and have just turned 40 so i fancied a change in career). i know it's going to be hard work but i'm really looking forward to it and maybe that will open up a few doors for me as well.

i used to do this alot when i was a kid. a couple of us used to go for the weekend or in the summer holidays. always traveled really light, and just slept out next to the fire or under a tarp if it was raining. always took some food though because i didn;t always shoot enough to feed myself. as soon as i get some permission for my shotgun i'll get out and have another go at it. i'd recomend it to anyone you'll love it.

i used to do this alot when i was a kid. a couple of us used to go for the weekend or in the summer holidays. always traveled really light, and just slept out next to the fire or under a tarp if it was raining. always took some food though because i didn;t always shoot enough to feed myself. as soon as i get some permission for my shotgun i'll get out and have another go at it. i'd recomend it to anyone you'll love it.

Yep, we used to do the same as kids, air rifle, a tent, blanket, box of matches, couple of bottles of pop. Spuds from the fields, cockles from the shore, cooked in sea-water, spit-roast rabbit or hare shot in the fields, happy days!

Yep, we used to do the same as kids, air rifle, a tent, blanket, box of matches, couple of bottles of pop. Spuds from the fields, cockles from the shore, cooked in sea-water, spit-roast rabbit or hare shot in the fields, happy days!

at your age, at my age.,,,,,,,,, YOUNG MAN!!!

bobs gone all "jumpers for goalposts" :lol:

at your age, at my age.,,,,,,,,, YOUNG MAN!!!

bobs gone all "jumpers for goalposts" :lol:

Shouldn't you be replacing your windows instead of intimidating pensioners? That's the problem with you kids nowadys, no respect for your elders, now when I were a lad.......... :lol:

hey, used to do it a good few years back with airguns and tents, real good grin! planning on going this summer, gonna try and teach the girlfriend how to use the lamp.. can't wait!

its only down by carmarthen, came along, more the merry'r! (within reason)..

hey, used to do it a good few years back with airguns and tents, real good grin! planning on going this summer, gonna try and teach the girlfriend how to use the lamp.. can't wait!

its only down by carmarthen, came along, more the merry'r! (within reason)..

:good: I can see it now 8000 pw members on yer doorstep with tents and guns,

your lass will be the one shooting <_<

Whilst I am all in favour of fun and enjoyed camping and cooking spuds in the embers of the fire when I was a kid, I am a little concerned with the advent of "Ray Mearism" that these shelters are springing up all over the woodland and countryside I visit. In some cases they can be eyesores and even dangerous. I had occaison to visit some lovely woodland, by a stretch of canal quite near to me and was shocked to see several "Jerry Built" shelters littering the woodland! Even more disturbing, some of these shelters had been erected in a lean to fashion and had heavy unsupported timbers holding them up.They were not even bound in with ties of any sort. If a child had gone in there and they had collapsed, God only knows what would have happened?! I decided to collapse them in the interests of safety! Therefore, I would say that the good old tent is a much better option and with a little care and forethought and some simple tidying up of the camp, no one should be aware that you have even been there! <_<:good:

Edited by fallowbuck