are you allowed

bignoel

No problem :blink: I think they just like you to stick it in a gunslip between stands, as you can never really tell from a distance if a semi is loaded or not and it's a bit disconcerting to come round a corner and bump into a bloke waving a possibly loaded gun in your direction :blink:

I use a pump action sometimes, that raises a few eyebrows :blink:

Plenty of semis about though

Edited by Chard

Am I the only person who thinks a loaded semi could fire through a slip :oops:

No mate, you're not :oops:

The only way to prove an auto is empty is to have the flags.

And in answer to the original question, I used to take my auto to Cowdray clay ground no probs :yes:

I use my AL391 (note I avoided saying "semi") all the time at claygrounds for sporting and skeet. People can get a bit sniffy on things like DTL though as you can end up showering them in empty shells when they are standing to your right.

ZB

CPSA regulations allow the use of both pumps and semi's in CPSA registered competition. 12g max, and max 2 carts loaded. Otherwise, no restriction.

The "dislike" comes from trap shooters who stand in a line, and as the next on your right is preparing to shoot, gets one or two ejected carts flying over his/her stand space, sometimes distracting the next shooter to fire in their preparation.

In the states, some comps / clubs have rules that you need to fix a deflector or collection bag to stop this, but I have never seen one in use in the UK.

The CPSA safety recommendation is that a flag is used in semi's ( Napier Autosafe - on EBay), although it is wrong to say the only proof of an empty chamber is a flag in place as many autos allow the bolt to be latched back showing the "open and empty" chamber. Older design like the Remi 1100 always latched the bolt back on discharge of all cartridges, but more modern guns like the Ulrika do not do this, and either the flag needs to be put in place or the bolt manually latched ( most have a toggle latch to do this if required.

Best practice is to have a flag in place when removing the gun from the sleeve, and to carry it upright, bolt latched back, with the empty chamber facing forward, if not in the sleeve.

Jerry

CPSA regulations allow the use of both pumps and semi's in CPSA registered competition. 12g max, and max 2 carts loaded. Otherwise, no restriction.

The "dislike" comes from trap shooters who stand in a line, and as the next on your right is preparing to shoot, gets one or two ejected carts flying over his/her stand space, sometimes distracting the next shooter to fire in their preparation.

In the states, some comps / clubs have rules that you need to fix a deflector or collection bag to stop this, but I have never seen one in use in the UK.

The CPSA safety recommendation is that a flag is used in semi's ( Napier Autosafe - on EBay), although it is wrong to say the only proof of an empty chamber is a flag in place as many autos allow the bolt to be latched back showing the "open and empty" chamber. Older design like the Remi 1100 always latched the bolt back on discharge of all cartridges, but more modern guns like the Ulrika do not do this, and either the flag needs to be put in place or the bolt manually latched ( most have a toggle latch to do this if required.

Best practice is to have a flag in place when removing the gun from the sleeve, and to carry it upright, bolt latched back, with the empty chamber facing forward, if not in the sleeve.

Jerry

sorry clayman you are wrong the urika always latches back when empty.

as do all the beretta's being a coach you should know this <_<

Ive always used Remi's 1100's for coaching, and these ( and my own Nikko F1) always auto-latch back. I had a Ulrika in stock for sale recently, and my memory told me it was one of the type that has a toggle underneath to select the latch back, but if P P is a regular user of this gun - I stand corrected on the type identified as having this mechanism, but there is plenty about that do self close on completing the cycle as clients bring them - and I find them a pain compared with the simplicity of the Remi's mechanism.

Thanks P-P, knowledge is always a good thing, but nobody's knowledge is complete or perfect - I stand corrected :good:

Jerry

Am I the only person who thinks a loaded semi could fire through a slip :good:

so could an o/u a single barrell or a s/s/

Not broken showing they were not loaded they couldn't.

Im not aware of a slip that alows you to carry a gun broken in this way & would be interested to see it.

Muzzle awareness is the secret to safety with any firearm, waving the barrel about is not clever & makes you look like an amateur & makes others very nervous, responsible shooters who are familiar with semi's should always carry them with the muzzle verticaly down or in a slip held in the same way, remember we have two feet but only one head.

N

In some clubs rules (its in mine) you MUST have one of those flags that goes into the breech of the semi (or pump) so the breech cant close properly and shows the gun is safe.

I I dont know if you dont need it in some clubs and if you'd be allowed to just put the gun in the slip but the first time to the club I shoot I looked over the rules and it said you MUST have the flah breech thingy.

Sorry mate cant remember what its called exactly lol :good: but there quite good to shot your gun is safe, it hangs down out of the breech and is bright orange. Easily visible from a distance, like a O/U or S/S when open. :good:

sorry clayman you are wrong the urika always latches back when empty.

as do all the beretta's being a coach you should know this :good:

I'm glad you posted that PP, I was worried I was the only one reading it and thinking "Hang on a minute"...

ZB