Some range and hunting pics

Hunter

So its been a while since I last posted any photos which is unlike me. Picture topics are the only topics of mine which get any replies :hmm: so I thought these photos were worth sharing with you.

The first is a large male fox (bigger and heavier then it looks!)

DSCN2864.jpg

I have shot four ox this week, and without doubt will shoot another 2-3 in the next couple of days,but I dont post photos of dead stuff so much anymore. As I never have a great story to tell.. For me im 'on call' fox shooter, I get called to one area of the estate when a fox is spotted and then track and (try) shoot it. ??? I never go out just to hunt anymore as I dont have the permision areas anymore. Only a vary small bit of land with some chickens and cat food bait at night. :oops: This system brings all the nearby fox in ao in the day time the chickens are safe. I am on my 23rd fox now.

Heres me at the range checking over the zero on the Sako. Later in the evening I tried out a Taurus .22lr revolver. Very nice kit.

DSCN2880.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

DSCN2884.jpg

The Tikka out in action :)

DSCN2879.jpg

DSCN2870.jpg

Im lucky when I get to shoot on a farm which is only a couple of times a year, so I always take photos :no:

Cheers for looking

Thanks for your replies guys :lol:

Wish i had range facsilites like that to practice on. Noticed the large fore end and raiseed butt cheek, is that the tactical stock or have you added the parts, if so where did you get them from

regards

That comes as part of the Tikka T3 Varmint stock :lol:

Fine headshot :o What caliber is the tikka?I have one in .222 which i am really pleased with,very accurate and reliable

Yep its a .222 as well. Good little round, easy to shoot all day but a bit pricey. Its shoots so well with factory ammo, I wont reload as at the moment I dont think any hand loaded round will shoot better groups then it does with the current rounds I use. :lol:

Edited by Hunter

Cheers guys :hmm:

The Sako Finnfire is a very nice rimfire, I had my eyes on it before my FAC application, and the gunshop put it away for me. It was the last brand new Finnfire Varmint they could get in. :lol: Seems silly they stopped making them as they are in quite good demand.

Cheers guys :rolleyes:

The Sako Finnfire is a very nice rimfire, I had my eyes on it before my FAC application, and the gunshop put it away for me. It was the last brand new Finnfire Varmint they could get in. :oops: Seems silly they stopped making them as they are in quite good demand.

Your dead right hunter the finnfire is a beautiful rifle im a bit confused as to why sako stopped making them and why they never made one in a 17hmr as i for one definitly would have bought one :lol: The quad is a nice rifle but i dont think its as nicely crafted as the finnfire.

Lovely pic's hunter thats a nice looking range :lol:

Its a good range but sadly I think I will o longer pay to shoot there.

I can only shoot .22 on that range, and no hollow points, so its useless to me as I cannot zero the guns (legally) there. However I do use the range for testing purposes and ballistic mapping though thats hardly relevant at rimfire ranges. :lol: I only shoot there in the summer so I can use the outdoor range. I paid over £100 in 3 years, and have shot there only around 10 times. :oops:

I REALLY need a new shooting permission.. then again everyone says they do :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...