Mixy's here already.................

:good: Went out for a shoot on one of my permisions on friday night, 2 of the bunnies i shot had slightly swollen eyes. Tonight, i got a call from the owner of the farm saying that thier pet bunny had it and could i euthanise it for them ( I had just got in after a 14 hour shift!!!) as i didnt want to let them down, i whizzed round and did it. Poor thing, his eyes were shut tight, he had mange like symptoms and his breathing was appalling...too far gone even for my snakes!!! Quick .22 to the forehead and it was over. :good:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:good: Its a man made virus designed to wipe out rabbits, spread but droplet infection and mosquitos.We have outbreaks of it every year at this time of the year on nearly all the farms around here, especially around harvest time...when it gets stirred up. :good: Edited by Evil Elvis

seen a baby bunny when out walking the other evening... it was shreiking in the bushes and when i aproached it almost threw itself out of the cover at me... deffo mixy, i took one look at the poor thing and pulled its neck..... hope its not widespread.....

i shot one the other week that had a bit of a scabby head. although it didnt look like it was on its last legs, i didnt want to eat it. i thought it might have been in a scrap as it had a few scars as well. :good:

I've heard its the fleas hiding in the warrens that carry mixy, thenpop out in the warm weather and infect the lot.

If the fleas that carry myxy are in the warrens, how is that any different in the summer to the winter? They will still infect the ones in the warren, who will spread it, as in summer, yes?

I have a sneaky suspicion, agreed also by some farmers, that the disease is re-released every year, it will be interesting to track it's progress on the forum, could this be made a sticky, so that we can follow the spread?

t was not created by man however it was introduced into the UK by man in the 1950's in an attempt to reduce the numbers of wild rabbit

Youre wrong!! IT is a genetically modified virus made by man to kill rabbits!!! So its created. :unsure:

and yes rabbit fleas do carry them and so do mossies. How did the rabbit fleas get 4 foot off the ground into the cage that i shot the rabbit in last night?

How do all the townies get thier rabbits killed by mixy? Mosquitoes!!!!!!! :hmm:

:unsure: Went out for a shoot on one of my permisions on friday night, 2 of the bunnies i shot had slightly swollen eyes. Tonight, i got a call from the owner of the farm saying that thier pet bunny had it and could i euthanise it for them ( I had just got in after a 14 hour shift!!!) as i didnt want to let them down, i whizzed round and did it. Poor thing, his eyes were shut tight, he had mange like symptoms and his breathing was appalling...too far gone even for my snakes!!! Quick .22 to the forehead and it was over. :hmm:

Did you miss and did you offer to skin it for them as a keep sake?

Haven't seen any round these 'ere parts yet.