George Cross winner

bob300w

shame he couldn't get the Victoria Cross on a technicality (the event did not happen during an engagement with the enemy, that's the difference). He did what he did expecting to die. true hero :yes:

Edited by J@mes

good on the guy, discaplined & trained to a couragous level, we should be proud of these guys that with hold the 'Great Britain' flag, & restore our reputation throughout the world... all our lads deseve a medal :yes:

unlike the lazy loosers that cannot get out of bed , claiming false disability...or similar

Edited by badger007

good on the guy, discaplined & trained to a couragous level, we should be proud of these guys that with hold the 'Great Britain' flag, & restore our reputation throughout the world... all our lads deseve a medal ;)

unlike the lazy loosers that cannot get out of bed , claiming false disability...or similar

says it all really :yes:

Blimey

This has got to go down in the all time book of understatements.

Is this all you could think of Mung?

The guy deserves everything, what went through his mind while waiting for that to go off is anybodies guess. An absolute hero with no doubt.

true Heroism in the very sense of the word. Its about time we recognised these deeds of outstanding bravery with a 21st century award of our own rather than an outdated gong.

The guy deserves a peerage which can be handed down to his offspring......... could you see Alex Ferguson or other non deservers doing something akin to this

true Heroism in the very sense of the word. Its about time we recognised these deeds of outstanding bravery with a 21st century award of our own rather than an outdated gong.

I think the very fact it is historic and established make it the award that it is. If we were to start issuing out new modern awards for every good deed someone made it would have to be sponsored by The Sun and in association with Kellogs!!!

I think the the bit in the interview where he said it was his mistake tripping the wire and releasing the grenade was the most significant. He realised it was his cock up and did not want his mistake to hurt his mates. He thought he was a gonner anyway and jumped on it.

He is an Absolute Bloody Hero.

I think the very fact it is historic and established make it the award that it is. If we were to start issuing out new modern awards for every good deed someone made it would have to be sponsored by The Sun and in association with Kellogs!!!

I think the the bit in the interview where he said it was his mistake tripping the wire and releasing the grenade was the most significant. He realised it was his cock up and did not want his mistake to hurt his mates. He thought he was a gonner anyway and jumped on it.

He is an Absolute Bloody Hero.

Spot on :blush:

There is one new medal I back though - the campaign to award a medal to those injured or killed in action (similar to the yanks Purple Heart) in recognition of their efforts.

Campaign

They get paid less than council traffic wardens. Says it all about this topsy turvy country at times don't it

Balls of steel I reckon

when you consider the amount of hours they're actually serving for that pay

it literally adds up to a few quid an hour :good: