Common Assault in 1998 - SGC now?

Wondering how I would fair on application for a shotgun certificate with a criminal conviction for Common Assault from 1998.

The incident took place in a nightclub under the influence of alchohol over a girl. It was essentially unprovoked by the victim who suffered a superficial cut to his head (I did not use a weopan). A charge of ABH was bought about but reduced to a conviction of common assault. I had a fine and served community service.

This was the only time I have ever had reason to be in trouble with the Police. It happened in a moment of stupidity and I appreciate (probably better than most) how a stupid split second decision can have very serious consequences.

I have completed my application honestly and are not proud of what happened!

In your experience, how do you guys think I will get on? :hmm:

hello mate, I think you should be ok, but if you are asked about it by the FEO don't hide anything, he would have see ALL the paperwork relating to the time you spent at the police station and so on, so be up front and honest like you have on here and there should be no probs good. :hmm::good: :good:

Get someone who knows you, your boss, others who have SGC's or FAC's, preferably someone in authority, to write a character reference and include it with your application. This will carry more weight than you saying what you have said above.

I personally wouldn't send a character reference with your application, but have to hand incase you get any problems or are asked....... :hmm:

Edited by chrispti

As far as I am aware such an offence will be no problem : 10yrs has been mentioned as a cut-off for such offences being any barrier providing no problems since.Others better informed than me will advise you better,but as far as I know it is most important you declare any & every offence(show of honesty) and

a pattern of offences is treated much more seriously.

the 10 yr cut is rubbish i had colourfull past in my younger days pre 1990 and was refused first time round because of it i had to appeal and explain to the crown court judge it was more than 16 yrs ago at the time and all false alligations made by A.L.F which i had never been to court for but every complaint went on file against me from A.L.F . lee you wil be fine dont hide anything be up front with you fao. i now have a sgc and a fac goodluck.

Wondering how I would fair on application for a shotgun certificate with a criminal conviction for Common Assault from 1998.

The incident took place in a nightclub under the influence of alchohol over a girl. It was essentially unprovoked by the victim who suffered a superficial cut to his head (I did not use a weopan). A charge of ABH was bought about but reduced to a conviction of common assault. I had a fine and served community service.

This was the only time I have ever had reason to be in trouble with the Police. It happened in a moment of stupidity and I appreciate (probably better than most) how a stupid split second decision can have very serious consequences.

I have completed my application honestly and are not proud of what happened!

In your experience, how do you guys think I will get on? :good:

Robbery with violence resulting in a years sentence.

When I had the visit it was brought up after gun cabinet, door locks, alarm etc. were checked out.

I know have a SGC and FAC.

Be totally honest about the incident and why it occurred and leave it in their hands.

LB

:good: My mate was a dust cart driver, he was empying bins at the pikie camp in south ockendon, as he reversed he ran over a pikie kid, seriously injuring him, before he knew what was happenniong an angry mob had gathered arounfd the lorry and were baying for blood, he was going to shrove hill to shoot clays after he had finished his round so had his shotgun and 100 carts in the van, he started to panic, he called the police who told him to sit tight, they were on the way, he then saw two male pikie heading his way with side by sides, so he loaded his o/u, filled his pocket with carts, jumped out, and did indeed give them a left and a right across the legs.....and legged it....straight into the nearest police station and gave himself and his gun up!!!

jerico will veify the story....he has net him too. :good:

jerico will veify the story....he has net him too. :good:

ME, I'm a perfectly law abiding citizen who wouldn't even think about mixing with those kind of sorts!

But yea, very true and he lived to tell the tale! :good: