knock off nigel

salisburykeeper

I sat watching a rented dvd the other night and they run one of these stupid clips prior to the movie about how if you watch pirate dvds it feuls crime and drug traffiking

and theres also the commercial with a bloke in the pub singing knockoff nigel with a guitar how many would let some *** do this? I know on a personal note if it happened to me the guy would be running out of the pub screaming with a guitar hanging out of his ***! :good:

personally I think them selling new releases for 19.99 is the crime

what are your views? would/do you watch copys

I watch hellboy2 3 weeks back and the picture was superb and nobody got hurt (thanks limewire :D )

so how many knockoff nigels are in the house?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to watch and buy copies.

The fact is if the media industry stopped tossing about and just made all albums 3.99 and new films the same, Then did a global release not country by country people would buy Cd's and DVd's as disposable items. 9.99 -19.99 is simply more than people are prepared to pay.

Some might say it would hit their profit margins but then if you sell 1,000,000 cd's at 3.99 is that better than selling 20,000 at 19.99 and the rest being copies?

I am in the police and I must admit I have seen some copies in the past. I have decided to never watch them again because the quality was **** and it really ruined the film that I had really wanted to see.

I would rather pay extra and go to the cinema or rent it.

On another note I have raided the homes or drug dealers and some major criminals. During these raids I have come accross thousands of knock off dvd's. These people are making a fortune off the back of this, not paying tax and causing the majority of crime from shoplifting to burglaries. The addicts that commit these crimes cause us to pay more in insurance and taxes. We are the victims of the crimes in more than one way.

I feel that if you by pirate dvd's you are putting money into the pockets of drug dealers in the same way as the addicts who are buying the drugs.

Harry

quote-I feel that if you by pirate dvd's you are putting money into the pockets of drug dealers in the same way as the addicts who are buying the drugs.

so if i download a film from limewire or another source, do a copy and sell it someone, then this makes me a drug dealer? and please dont say theres more profit in a suitcase full of copied dvds than a bag of heroin

Edited by peejay

so if i download a film from limewire or another source, do a copy and sell it someone, then this makes me a drug dealer?

No but it does make you look stupid for asking a dumb question.

and please dont say theres more profit in a suitcase full of copied dvds than a bag of heroin

A bag of heroin would cost a lot of money. 100 dvd's would not cost very much so depending on the price the dvd's were sold at then yes maybe there is more profit in it.

Harry

to be honest druggies use hundreds of different ways of supplimenting their addictions and greed and knock off films are probably a small proportion of this!

the only reason film companies use this angle is for shock value to take away the fact that they themselves have a monopoly on the entertainment business and are ripping people off with over inflated prices.

and lets be honest if the films cost less there wouldnt be a market for pirate copies!

also theres a big difference like the average joe downloading the odd film off the net to someone like that selling the dvds to feul and addiction

I used to tape Radio Luxemburg Peter Stuyvesant Top 30 with a microphone and Top of the Pops and since then have never had trouble with minor copyright breaches.It is a form of theft but the Nigel thing like everything else is aimed at people who have nothing. You wont find the same campaign against the rich who salt away Billions in offshore banks.

And i do buy origonals but also recieve dvds that have been copied due to the high price,i recon if you could get half decent cartridges at a much cheaper price then we (most) of us would jump at the chance.

Edited by Cranfield

I've bought several copy DVDs in the past, but I don't bother now, because I wasn't pleased with the quality. I also used to buy copy music CDs, but I stopped that too, as I noticed that after quite a few plays, they became a problem in my car CD player, skipping and shutting off etc. I couldn't be bothered with them. Having said that, I also refuse to pay stupid monopoly prices for new ones. If a new album or DVD comes out, I don't join the throng queuing up to buy it, I wait a few weeks and then they can barely give them away :good:

They are a rip-off and I think these industries only have themselves to blame if they're copied. They've been ripping us off for years, so I have no sympathy for them :D .Too many rich **** in the entertainment industries, talentless overpaid *******, all living off the back of the stitched-up public.

**** 'em :lol:

Must admit I cant be bothered down loading a movie.All I have nicked since getting a pc are a few file shared music tracks which wont break the banks where the likes of the big music producers are concerned. The fact we are so ready to own up to this kind of theft is testament to our honesty!