the outdoors man

soreshoulder

:P just got off the phone with the outdoors man and i ordered a few things on sunday afternoon and today on thurday still nothing in the post :yes::lol: , so i rang em up and told em and i seemsthat one of the items i ordered had not been in stock when i ordered (not shown on the website) and after i ordered in the 4 days of waiting i havent had anything to say that it would be delayed no email, message or phonecall :good: And seeing as i payed £7.00 for postage dont think this is acceptable - they wont be gettin my money again :yes:

hi soreshoulder i am not having a go but if you ordered sunday it would not be dispatched until tuesday at the earliest, you wont be the only person ordering from them plus they have got to pack your order if they have had 10 orders over that weekend and need all the staff on the shop floor it wont get rushed this only leaves 2 days so i wouldnt be hasty,i would expect it WITHIN 10 days or so.be patient if you needed it in a rush you should have ordered earlier.i do understand your frustration with the lack of communication and the website not being updated but hey we all cock up and make mistakes. as i said i am not having a dig.paul

:good: just got off the phone with the outdoors man and i ordered a few things on sunday afternoon and today on thurday still nothing in the post :oops: :oops: , so i rang em up and told em and i seemsthat one of the items i ordered had not been in stock when i ordered (not shown on the website) and after i ordered in the 4 days of waiting i havent had anything to say that it would be delayed no email, message or phonecall :good: And seeing as i payed £7.00 for postage dont think this is acceptable - they wont be gettin my money again :look:

After seeing advertising blurb in various mags etc I decided to seek them out when next in the area, I was disappointed to find a run down little shop with hardly any stock, certainly very little in the way of firearms and two young lads sat in one corner running the place, they were more interested in their mobiles and chatting.

They seemed to concentrate mainly on survival and surplus gear for wannabee soldiers, this was my impression and others may have different views?

My advice would simply be to not bother visiting the shop.

:good: D2D

Best always to check delivery times and the Ts and Cs on any web sites. A couple of Outdoorsmans are-

"When you have completed purchasing the goods, you will receive an email that confirms your order and the amount you have paid. The goods will be dispatched to you within 10 days of receipt of your order."

and

"If we have any problems getting your goods to you within the 10 days we will contact you to explain why and offer alternatives."

You waited 4 then complained??!?! Riiiiiight.

when i order from any other site such as BAR or euroguns they have a 7 day policy, and i usually pay about £6.00 for postage - and this was for a gunslip and clay vest so a big package and it took 2 days , im saying they should of had it up on there website that it was out of stock and should of called me when they started packing my order to say it may be running late. For £7.00 postage i shouldnt have to wait 2 days for them to process my order and maybe 10 days for it to get to me, re f'in diculous :good:

Best always to check delivery times and the Ts and Cs on any web sites. A couple of Outdoorsmans are-

"When you have completed purchasing the goods, you will receive an email that confirms your order and the amount you have paid. The goods will be dispatched to you within 10 days of receipt of your order."

and

"If we have any problems getting your goods to you within the 10 days we will contact you to explain why and offer alternatives."

You waited 4 then complained??!?! Riiiiiight.

In addition there is also this line

"If an item ordered is out of stock we will endeavour to notify you within seven working days of your order being placed"

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I'd thought to look Outdoorsman up on here first. I fear I might have fallen into the same trap.

Ordered a couple of items from them on the 15th. Cash was already booked off my account on the 16th, so that bit of the order process is efficient!

When nothing had arrived by the 18th (I know,.. 10 days etc. but the stuff I ordered was bought because I needed it for the 19th so thought I'd call in good faith to make sure it wasn't lost in the post or something) I called them to be told that the stuff wasn't in stock (sound familiar?) and that they would ring me when it was in. Nothing. No call. No sorry for the delay. Nada.

Called again just now (it's now 11 working days since the order was placed) to be told the exact same. 'Not in stock,...' 'will call you,...' 'was going to speak to the supplier today,..'

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this lot. I look forward to being proved wrong, and won't be slow to post on here when/if the stuff does arrive, but for now I can't help feeling these people might not be all they seem. I hope I'm wrong.

I would advise anyone entertaining the idea of placing an order with The Outdoorsman of 122 Bohemia Road, St Leonards-on-Sea to wait until such time as confidence in them has been restored.

This thread seems like a good case for supporting your local shops and paying a few quid extra.

Touchez, but surely nobody deserves to suffer service like this. After all, they are someone's local shop. They appear to be listed as a gun dealer according to ukgunroom.

Ironically enough, I only ordered from them in the first place 'cos I needed a couple of items pronto, and couldn't make it to my local shop in time due to other commitments. Luckily I only placed a small trial order with them first instead of the full shopping list...

• 3 weeks later...

Just spotted the other current thread 'Rogue traders', which reminds me...

A final update on 'The Outdoorsman' saga.

Called them two weeks ago, and we agreed that since they seemingly weren't able to come up with the goods as ordered any time soon, that the simplest thing would be if we should call the order canceled, and they reimburse the cash they'd already deducted from my account (illegally, because the items weren't in stock) when the order was originally placed. Two weeks since that call, and.... still no refund. Fraud investigators now on the case.

Gentlefolk, I cannot say whether The Outdoorsman are just disorganised, or whether they never intended to ship ordered goods OR provide a refund, but I do know that I for one shan't be dealing with them again.

i have also encountered problems with ODM. Ordered a new slip, some decoys and a couple other bits and bobs.

Waited for the 10 days phoned them up and got told the same, out of stock and it will be despatched as soon as they get it, asked if i could have the decoys sent as they were in stock and i needed them and they said that i would have to pay postage twice, i refused.

Phoned a few days later and it was only when i told them to scrub my order and i wanted a refund they sent the stuff.

I definately wont go to them again

Still no callback, so called them, to be told that 'their supplier isn't answering the phone'.

Have been promised a callback today....

Classic sign of a shop running down stock prior to closing down... or worse if their supplier ain't wanting to talk with them. Demand a refund methinks - and visit the place if possible.