one gun only???

tweedledee

hi guys how many of you shotty men believe in using one shotgun only.i have had at least 3 or 4 shotguns at one time but find it hard to justify having any more than 2 shotties now.coming to the conclusion i can`t justify the money i have invested in them when i can only use one at a time. :good:

Edited by tweedledee

At one time I had 11. from .22 - 9mm - 410 plus a selection of 12g's

Saw the light & down to 3 now but one is about to be sold.

Seriously thinking of selling the S/Auto as well but can't make my mind up.

If It's not used (again) this winter It'll go.

The Rizzini is a keeper so is my rimmie plus a FAC air.

At least with different types of guns I can justify different guns but not so with as many shotties as I had.

I sold almost everything, leaving myself with one B25 game/clay gun, and one Benelli FAC s/a. I also whittled my rifle collection down for reasons of insurance liability, and not using everything (not using some guns at all, in fact). So now I'm still covered for every sport, and I retained two shotguns I now use almost every day.

to be honest i shoot my 32inch sporting beretta 682gold e for everything since i upgraded from my old 68 series about 4 years back. but i cant seem to get to grips with skeet with it... untill recently when a kind old soul passed a .410 on to me this was my only gun. but as ive only shot that .410 once i spose it doesnt really count.

however my dad is a different kettle of fish. hes probably owned 6 guns in total. firstly an old miroku, then bought a lanber followd by a silver pigeon (then traded first two in). then a gold e (to follow me) traded in the silver pigeon, then another gold e...shorter barrells....(like a kid in a sweet shop) now hes just bought a dt10 trident trap gun and hates it so has bought himself a perazzi mx2000 with 2 sets of barrels and is flogging the dt10.... all the time whilst ive had my gold e :good:

for the most part, I never sell guns. Guns that have been given to me from family are never sold and rarely modified. The only guns of any type that I'll sell or trade are guns that I have bought or traded for myself. To that extent, I've got 6 shotguns at the moment and 4 or 5 rifles. How many get used? When I was in the states, most of them. I'd grab a different shotgun depending what I was doing. If I was out rough shooting, then I'd take my O/U Spartan (recently traded away) because it could handle 3" cartridges and I'd stop at a few swamps for ducks and geese. If I was just walking for small game then I'd grab my 12b semi because it was light but packed a good punch. If it was grouse I'd grab the 20b semi because it was short and really light and good to carry up and down the mountains. I had the 16b SxS if I needed to be choked tighter (it was full and fuller in a fixed choke) but still wanted light. I now have a 16b pump that I've only seen once that was just given to me.

Over here, I have two sxs at the moment and I'll grab either one that grabs my fancy at the time. I shoot them all the same (very average) so its all about which one I'm in the mood for.

Rifles are a bit different. All of the rifles I own have a purpose (except my second 30-06 which was another hand-me-down) and none of the purposes overlap at the moment.

Thanks,

rick

I've got 3 shotguns:

Beretta Silver Pigeon 20 bore fixed choke 1/4 and 1/2. This is my main clay gun but I've done everything with it and it's a nice light all rounder however in too nice condition to abuse as a true walk around gun.

Beretta A303 12 bore semi auto multi choke. I bought this for decoying but have also been taking it clay shooting and doing OK with it. Down sides are that it is alot longer than my 20 bore so not as fast handling when you are small like me. Also finding the spent shells can be a pain at times but it earns it's keep when putting a number of 32g loads threw it while wearing only a t-shirt.

AYA Yeoman 12 bore DTNE SBS. My Dad bought this gun as an occasional tool to kill foxes as it is choked 1/2 and full. However I did a bit of flighting pigeons with it and I found it to be a very comparable weight, fit and handling characteristics to my 20 bore so I've taken it clay shooting a few times and it's certainly not let me down once you get used to the double triggers. It is also a useful tool for roost shooting as I have 32g of 6's in the 1/2 choke barrel which is the front trigger and a heavier cartridge with larger shot in the second barrel which is the back trigger. That way anything flying gets the 6's and anything that has landed a long way away in a tree or flying gets the heavier cartridge. It is a fantastic combo. that means I will not be getting rid of this gun soon even if this is the only job it really now does.

FM :good:

I only have my Beretta Silver pigeon 12g and dreaming of a RF. Mrs SS has a 20g franchi S/A which i like to :good:

Dad on the other hand has :

1 x Browning B80 S/A 12g

1 x SBS FC 12g

1 x Browning O/U MC 12g

1 x 410 hushpower

1 x 410 hammer

1 x .177 Target pistol

1 x .22 FX Cyclone

1 x .177 AA S410

He hasnt used the SBS for about 2 years and is £2k`s + worth of gun which is a shame. I think he should whittle down to : 1 x S/A, 1 x O/U, 1 x 410, 2 x .177 (as he`s thinking of swaping the .22 and i need him to have a air rifel for me to) .

Have had a few of various sizes and gauges .410 to 10 bore, but now keep 7.

1) xtreama 3.5" sa 12g for wildfowling.

2) Lanber 12g O/U M/C for clays

3) 12g SbS for rough shooting / pigeons.

4) 12g English SbS Hammer gun (just cos I wanted one)

5) 12g Miraku 3800 (wifes Clay gun)

6) 12g White Diamond o/u (Eldist son 6'4" clay gun)

7) 20g O/U (youngest son clay gun).

So to pick on to do all I want would be difficult as the xtreama is too long for quick pheasants, and the game gun to small for foreshore loads...

If I had to choose on it would be a 3.5" 12g O/U instead of what I have now.

Trev