CZ 452 Jamming!!

huey

Need some advice on my new 22. Every time I take my gun out the gun jam's a spent or live cartridge in the breech, I say jam rather the extraction claws fail to remove the round. This tends to happen at least every season of 10/20 rounds. Do I have reason to be worried or considering a return to the place of purchase or will the gun settle with use?

Any advice welcome...

Huey

Funny enough I use Winchester subs apart form the jamming I am pretty impressed with the job they do on rabbits. Shot a couple earlier tonight both in the head, what a wack and what a hole in the back of the nut! What are the cci subs like on the vermine?

??? I have the same gun, used eleys, remingtons,cci's incheters etc never had a jam. One thing i find that if you dont pull the bolt back with a positive action it doesnt eject the spent case, the bolt was difficult on mine but i used a light gun oil on it and its brilliant, now its had 4-500 rounds through it its smooth!! :good:

I get a similar problem with winchesters with my 452 it only occours when the is a build up of gunk in the breech which is larger diameter than the bore so the cleaning rod and brush will not clean this area, since I switched to a bore snake for cleaning I have had no problems, keep using winchester ammo, I have tried them all and along with eley subs they are consistently good.

I had similar problems but only with a particular batch of Winchester subs(others posting on another forum had too). Switching to a different batch cured problem but a thread http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showt...ling+to+extract

on RimfireCentral led me to slightly alter the extractor claw & no problems with extracting anything since.

I dare bet Drut's link in his post is the problem. The CZ extractors are mass produced, they are stamped/pressed out, & sometimes the angles are not the best, hence stuck cases. The extractors just slip off the spent case leaving it in the breach.

This has happened to mine on numerous occasions, easily fixed with a bit filing.

BJ.

I have tried cleaning the barrel and extractors with an oiled baby bud, which didn't seem to make a difference as on my next outing the rifle failed to extract a live round at the end of my nights hunting.

I have also noticed a thin groove a fraction of a millimeter thick on the spent cartriges running tip to toe, could this be more than debris??

try taking a dry, clean cotton bud and wiping the inside of the chamber. You're looking for two things. One, is there a piece of metal that pulls on the cotton bud? Could be a thin piece of metal shaving that is just catching the brass. If it is there, the cotton bud should catch on it and snag. Two, is there a lot of unburnt powder accumulating in the chamber? A dry cotton bud would come out fairly black if there is.

Thanks,

Rick