Heartburn season

henry d

I get reflux if I dont have my daily dose of Lansoprazole went to docs and eventually found that its a hiatus hernia, If i have had a heavy meal or alot of pastry and then go to bed i still get reflux if I do its a small glass of milk that sorts it. :good: I couldnt get on with Gaviscon :mad:

S.B.

omeprazole on prescription! one a day and you will never get heartburn again

cheers KW

Same here and my Dad suffers with it too. Omeprazole is a life saver !

---

Chard old chap, go see your quack and ask for Omeprazole.

Take a tip from an old man who has eaten just about everything there is to eat . I teaspoon full of bicarbanate of soda in half a glass of water .Drink it down the hatch and you will be farting and burping in 5 minutes flat . This was recommended to me many years ago by a proper old doctor . Harnser .

That's the one, but I substitute the water for Fizzy Lemonade, heaped spoonful, half a glass full, tip it in, stir quickly, & while it's still fizzing wop it down the neck quick......BINGO.

BJ.

ive had heartburn for years really bad keeping me awake at night, sometimes actually been sick with it, and making it uncomfortable for me to work sometimes.

well last year managed to get some tablets from the doc and it really has been a god send i can eat anything now and nothing bothers me i can eat peppers onions you name it ill eat it!!!!!!

well the name of the tablets are omeprazole 20mg you need a prescription for 20s and up but you can buy 10s over the chemist counter i would seriously advise these to anyone, brilliant!!!

Hi Chard

If you go to www.surgerydoor.co.uk and in the centre of the page you will see headings for Mind, Food,Injury compensation and then Medication.

Underneath Medication it says more in blue click on that and then use the dropdown menu and go to digestion.This will then give you a comprehensive list of over the counter antacid remedies.It lists most of what has been suggested here.It also tells you the active ingredients for each product.

You will have to look through them as not all are for indigestion.

My recommendation would be Dewitts in powder form.

HTH

Edited by brock

Hi Chard

If you go to www.surgerydoor.co.uk and in the centre of the page you will see headings for Mind, Food,Injury compensation and then Medication.

Underneath Medication it says more in blue click on that and then use the dropdown menu and go to digestion.This will then give you a comprehensive list of over the counter antacid remedies.It lists most of what has been suggested here.It also tells you the active ingredients for each product.

You will have to look through them as not all are for indigestion.

My recommendation would be Dewitts in powder form.

HTH

Cheers Dr Brock me old sock,

I'll have a study of that tonight. :good:

Chard old chap, go see your quack and ask for Omeprazole.

I think I will. I must be careful that I don't tell him I want Openmearsehole :good:

Oh and cut out the side order of gravy and mushy peas with every meal ! :yes:

omeprazole on prescription! one a day and you will never get heartburn again

cheers KW

i had the most severe reaction when prescribed these tablets, hot head, cold hands, crippling back ache, constipation, peeing fire, kidneys felt like they had been given a round of jabs from tyson and i swear to you that my nipples swelled up!

i have a bad time with any drugs, i am a glazier and cuts are common, so when i have stitches i tell them, now, not to use any local anesthetic, due to the fact that it makes me pass out and fall flat on the floor, last time i took the nurse out on the way down and she ended up being treated as well.

i used to suffer with heartburn almost every day i went to the doctor and was given some Ranitidine tablets 150mg once a day, worked brill but you can buy them from tesco off the shelf (in the first aid asle not the chemist) in 75mg tabs which i now do ( cheaper that prescription charges) try one if it don't work take two that should see you right

I had really bad reflux/heartburn for years, a couple of years ago i had a really serious infection and some very strong antibiotics. Took a couple of weeks but the infection went and so did the heartburn, and so far it hasn't really come back unless i do something stupid like eating chocolate biccies with a cup of coffee, (a real killer for me).

Anyway when i mentioned it to my GP he said it was probably helico pylori bacteria, which apparently you can get a breath test kit for diagnosis, if its positive, a couple of antibiotics and Bob's your aunty. I don't suppose it'll work for everyone but worth finding out about the test i would say. Does beg the question if he knew all about it why he'd been prescribing me Zantac for years.

I'm never without a pack of Rennies still nowadays, but i usually only use one or two a week and even then the symptoms are nothing like they used to be.

Hope that may be of some help to someone.

What is heartburn? I can honestly say I have never had it or indegestion.

I thought that is was something made up to sell rennies

I'm not entirely sure I know what heartburn is.

Is it when you're lying in bed at night (always after a session) and you wake with a start and a burning sensation in your throat (which I always thought was bile or something).

I generally gag a bit and if bothered get a drink of water then go back to sleep.

Never had it during the day? Is this something to look forward to as you get older?