beretta al391 urika

deadeye

:D Been using one for four years, can't fault it. The best gun I have ever used for shooting pigeons from a hide.

Mine is the 391 synthetic.

Same here. Quality gun.

One thing you must watch out for is the big nut ( that holds the forend on) can rust on very easily if left un-lubricated. Smother it with copper grease and you'll have no problems. Ive spoken with 4 people who have had this problem as well as myself.

I have the urika sporter its has had a LOT of carts through it and up to now has jammed 3 times (always on the second shot when a pigeon is legging it?) it is a very nice gun to handle however its frowned upon if I take it on a walk up get the tut tuts is it safe etc? and its main prob is empty ejection? trying to collect spent carts after duck shooting in the evening or if they have landed in couple of inches of crop growth is a nightmare? another thing to note is due to the action the guns are longer than you expect I went for a 30" barrell (it was bargain I COULD not turn down) not realising the guns overall length! prob is It will only go in my cabinet dissassembled!

cheers keith

• 1 month later...

I have a beretta al390 it is absolutly brilliant to say the least, i have put 3 inch magnums through it and it has never jammed or miss fired once, this is my third auto and i think i will stick with it because i had a franchi and it was an absolute pig on cartriges it would only cycle 2 and a half inch cartriges,

it was an absolute pig on cartriges it would only cycle 2 and a half inch cartriges,

2 1/2 or 2 3/4?

2 1/2's are quite expensive aren't they. Chap i shoot with has to use them in his purdy.

From what he tells me he gets his pants pulled down for the privilege. ;)

Edited by waddy

not to put too fine a point about it!! the question asked was " urika al391 how do you rate it?" well the name urika means "fire anything" and as I and a few others with them have said the things are spot on? now I know of one chap who shoots(or did) the tecknys version? now he shoots with a VERY expensive o/u (at the manufactures request) cos at comp shoots it dont look too well with the winner shooting a gun that cost about a grand. get the urika!! I picked mine up for £500 spanking new? now you wont get yours new for that but it wont be bank breaking more,

cheers Keith

I only found this out about a month ago and i just though i would tell you that these berettas have a alterable stock if you look were the stock joins the fireing bits there is a ring looks like a spacer but it is diffrent sizes top and bottom and the idea is that u turn this thing to give you the diffrent stock angles it's in more depth on the beretta web site