foxes rabbits

strudwick

I echo Dougy's sentiments

That comment comes across as being very disrespectful to the quarry, and potentially the landowner.

Additionally, and I admit that I don't know where and under what agreements the shooting happened, but I'd be upset if I had 60 rabbit carcasses lying around on my land drawing in every carrion eater in the neighbourhood

Maybe I have just been had?

Neels

Edited by Neels

yep,

std practice i think when trying to reduce the numbers. It takes twice as long to stop than to shoot another one. But do we really need to see the pics - we all know what a rifle can do - the messiest ive seen is a .253 on a fox @ 15 yds chest on, but it was dead, so the end deal is the same. Come on, this humour is for your private friends.

cg

i shoot lots or rabbits like lots and i pick every one up if i dont use it i will burn it or bury it never never leave them lying about and as for "cant be botherd to pick them up" shame on you, i work 14-16 hour days and shoot as i go i have over 10,000 pheasants to feed 3000 patriges and 4000 ducks so i have a lot on if you cant be ***** to pick it up dont shoot it :rolleyes: whats to say you havent just wounded it when you go it would struggle of to be found next day by the woman with 100 cats and as for the picks we dont need them sorry

If the farmer is ok with leaving them there then so be it, it's vermin control. Bunnies and fox don't pay much attention to a vehicle until someone gets out of it to pick up. At least they won't be digging any more holes or eating any of his grass or crop, and other wildlife gets the bounty. Our best nights were 119, 93 and 70 odd. Those nights would have been much less productive if we stopped to pick up.

Can't see the point of showing the grisly guts but each to their own.

I'm sorry, but I find this fuel to the anti's.

Yes, you can easily argue about how rabbits are vermin, and you might as well leave them in the field and blah blah blah.

But, no, that's rubbish and I hate to see a fellow shooting man having such arrogant ideals.

The reason we shoot, and why we are allowed to shoot, is to deal with pests. By leaving the rabbits dead in the field, all you are doing is pulling in more pests that wouldn't be there in the first place, and now you’re not shooting under the influence of ''pest control'' but for the sheer cold blooded murder of it. This, is nothing but fuel to anti's, people like you are going to be the one who will get shooting either banned, or refused to allot of the country.

Remember that the shooting community is not a majority, and we are frowned upon (be it, unfairly) by a larger percentage of the country.

Hi all i can see there are some strongly opinions here i am sorry to upset you but I know the farmers well and know they want as many rabbits down as possible if we spent are time picking them up (and they can be hard to find at night) I would guess we would only of got around 30 rabbits shot . Other places we go we do pick them up we follow what the land owner wants . thanks for you reply Dave-g and Evil Elvis .... the most we shot in one night is 260 which shows how bad it was crops where striped. wounder if i should of posted now :rolleyes::good::yes:

the common rabbit :

Reproduction: On average a doe will produce about 10 to 20 live young/year. plus thay can breed at 4 mounth old .

Food: Will eat 500 grams a day of green food, in other words they can eat up to 30% of their own weight in grass or crops.

so 100 doe could make 1000 to 2000 rabbits even more if you count the now 4 mounth old rabbits , so if you only shoot a small amount than you may never get on top of them

Edited by strudwick

well i dont c wot all the fuss is about ,if you old boys shoot 100 rabbitts a night at 80 to100 yards in dark how many do u realy find a not 100. so you leave them we all do it ,and this burning them thats got to b worse for the air than my rabbitt on the field ,i shoot tons ov land and get no probs from farmers thay wont them out the way end ov

i shoot a farm i will not take any rabbits off it at all the only thing i take is pheasants and geese all rabitsthat are shot i insist the stomaches are split open and laid belly up on a dry stone wall to feed the buzzards and other birds of pray i belive in the food chain so what is the problem with leaving rabbits as there is other animals out there what could do with an asy meal so you should do your part for the countryside and not just for the pot

i shoot a farm i will not take any rabbits off it at all the only thing i take is pheasants and geese all rabitsthat are shot i insist the stomaches are split open and laid belly up on a dry stone wall to feed the buzzards and other birds of pray i belive in the food chain so what is the problem with leaving rabbits as there is other animals out there what could do with an asy meal so you should do your part for the countryside and not just for the pot

Well, that's rubbish to start off with, because rabbits are considered a pest for the arable damage they do to crops, so you're hardly helping the 'countryside' by shooting them in the first place.

Strudwick,

Good Post. I do not have a problem with the pictures. There are hundreds of dead fox and rabbit photos on this site and lots are a more graphic than yours.

I have respect for the rabbits I shoot. I make every effort to make sure they are clean kills but unless I have someone who wants 50+ rabbits at a time they are left in the field.

I shoot them to control the rabbit numbers. Not because I am a murderer as Bleeh would suggest and neither are you.

Harry

Well, that's rubbish to start off with, because rabbits are considered a pest for the arable damage they do to crops, so you're hardly helping the 'countryside' by shooting them in the first place.

Can anyone explain to me what Bleeh is on about?

H

Thank you Dirty Harry I agree we every think you say, like you i do respect the animals I shoot and always try for a clean kill also thanks to fourtrak73 , struart92 , Dave-G , Evil Elvis . And lamberman the chap i shoot with and shot with that night....

This has turned out like question time

Edited by strudwick

Remember that the shooting community is not a majority, and we are frowned upon (be it, unfairly) by a larger percentage of the country.

frowned upon whatever we do, whatever we kill.

the antis will moan if you take em home or not.

we all like killing bleeh,but few on here will admit it .

can you tell me the difference of a pest controller gassing sets,

with god knows what wildlife living in them.

once they have been killed humanly what more respect can you give them.

you have lost the plot bleeh on this one mate sorry.

hi all new to here just joined FERRET FORUMS also, noticed a few of the same user names lol .

But anyway the point i was getting to is everyone is entiltled to there own opinion so live and let live .

if this guy wants to post pics of his BAG where is the problem? not like hes showing it directly to primary skool children is it . and after all it is a shooting webite lol

And as for the anti hunters in my own words STUFF THEM its about time US hunters stopped creeping around trying not to offend anyone and just let people know we hunt because we enjoy it (although some times its required for vermin etc ) why are so many ashamed to say "i do it for fun" after all its like golf or football i dont see the point in it but aint gonna run round causing a nuesence waving banners shouting stop this sport as beckham was once injured .