Mouse eating brownie ??

Vel Crow

Took the lad out fishing in the pond behind the house a while back, nothing special just bread and worms for bait and bubble floats. I didnt think there was much in there worth catching really, though there is a small stream running in to it that a few brownies find their way down, anyway you guesed it the little ****** beat me hands down again with this... a 3lb 2oz beast. The plan was to put it back but he dropped it and it had to be knocked on the head... oh well it wont go to waste, but when i gutted it i had another surprise there was a mouse in its stomach!...Anyone seen any thing like this before???

post-8227-1225578464.jpg

post-8227-1225578494.jpg

post-8227-1225578719.jpg

Edited by Vel Crow

Have seen this before...even got an imitation in my fly box which looks like a mouse ....when ripped accross the water with a slight ripple and causing a big V behind it, can actually be good sport ...i think the trout take it through agression rather than because they taste good ! that wee water vowl prob went for a dip an that stunning brownie chomped it...pity it wasnt returned to catch again in a few years time ....bet the lad is hooked now....tight lines !

i can remember me dad tellin me he had seen brownies takin voles swimming the tweed and made.what he called a mouse, it acted like a wobbler before wobblers where thought of and killed a few big browns wi it...it just shows what observation does eh..he also used to fish a streach of water wi ah chicken prossesing plant that had a wee burn running out from it and lots of offal escaped into it so, he stared using chicken offal as bait and that worked well too..

Thanks Andy...I should have known i was pushing it with this pic!...the fish was caught at least a couple of months ago, by my 11 year old lad, got damaged and had to be knocked. I was just going through the camera and thought ide share the memories...

Edited by Vel Crow

• 1 month later...

Well done that young lad!

I've seen pictures of trout with mice in them before and caught one with a frog in it once. We shouldnt be surprised your trout is quite happy to snap at anything that looks edible, look at some of the flies we use!.

Tight Lines

Aled