i need answer

nerooo

i rang the fire arms department today about my application, so they said are waiting for the confirmation of gun safe cabinet installed from the officer (if is been checked) and they told me to ring him up and arrange appointement with him to come check the cabinet ,so i did ring him and he turned up saying he will ring the main office and get them to send my cerrtificate to him and then he ll come around to check the cabinet, and i dont know how long it ll take to arrive after the cabinet check. :yp: :yes: .and do you think he could hand me the certificate stright away after he is happy about the secure cabinet ,any help it would be great.thanks.

The short answer is no, he wont be able to hand you your ticket on the day he comes to do your cabinet check.

He will need to go back, write up his notes and present them to the head of the firearms dept. It is then in his or her hands to make the call as to whether you are granted a ticket, before it goes back down to the office (all being well) to be printed and posted off. This can mean a wait of anything between 2-4 weeks all the way up to a few months, depending on your constabulary.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

ZB

I sent in my SGC application, Some weeks later contacted by phone for visit for my interview with the Firearms officer told him then I had no cabinet, He said no problem we will do interview first.

Interview went well he told me to go ahead buy and fit my cabinet and ring him when done.

When he receives my cert he will bring it with him check cabinet and let me have my SGC.

Which he did.

I sent in my SGC application, Some weeks later contacted by phone for visit for my interview with the Firearms officer told him then I had no cabinet, He said no problem we will do interview first.

Interview went well he told me to go ahead buy and fit my cabinet and ring him when done.

When he receives my cert he will bring it with him check cabinet and let me have my SGC.

Which he did.

Exactly the same with my Dad. :yp:

FM :yes:

i ll wait untill the end of the week and ring them again, as i dont want to be a pain for them. but let hope he ll turn up with certificate for checking the cabinet as well, for this matter i would advice people to get it fitted before the interview as long as they are pretty sure they ll be qualified to have one (no previous conviction etc....) like this you would save few weeks waiting. :yp:

i have installed the cabinet inside a cupboard in the left corner ,but i have got a little problem, the cabinet got 6 bolts 4 on the front and 2 on the floor i have been strugling to fit the top right bolt as i couldnt plug all of it,there is a bit of it still out (inside the cabinet of course) which i am a bit worry about it, other wise the cabinet is very well installed and u can feel it is strongly fixed when u try to move it, do you think the fire arm officer wouldnt be happy about it?