I like pigeon watch

Harnser

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a down side to all the free information that is available and in most cases is given willingly by some really competent and knowledgeable people on here.

The down side is the rubbish that is spouted by some keyboard warriors. Sometimes it is hard for a newcomer to spot the wheat from the chaff. So Mr or Mrs Newbie goes away with what they think is the best answer to his question. Only for them to have been totally misinformed. In some cases the misinformation can be dangerous or even downright illegal, how is the inexperienced person to tell?

Then you have the other side of the coin, the person who asks for information. Then when they do not get the answer they want, start telling the person who answered their question that they do not know what they are talking about.

Bickering apart, which to be honest you will get anywhere, this site and members on the whole, are here to help each other

aye, i dont mind mind this PW lark. :good:

I have made some friends/enemies and that is all part of the fun. I have done some things i never thought possible, and some things i have curbed due to infomation gained.

Im glad its not as "modded" as some of the other sites, (although i still get told of from time to time) which relaxes the atmos.

:D:lol:

A couple of things that have been mentioned here are very true.

Don't take any advice from any site as gospel, unless you can verify the source of that information

And if you do ask a daft question (and you shoudn't be afraid to) don't get upset if you get a bit of a ribbing - it has happened to us all at some time or another, it's just part of forum life

I love it just for the banter between Cat and MC :stupid: hehe

That's history now Gary, the hatchet has been well & truly buried, (not in MC's head I hasten to add :good: ) :lol: .

Apparently our banter has not been to everybody's liking, so from now on it's all sweetness and light between us :D , lest somebody may take offence. :stupid:

I too have enjoyed Pigeonwatch, and as a founder member have seen umpteen "experts" come and go, and have always tried to offer sensible advice wherever possible, however I do get a bit blunt with people who can't see anything wrong with shooting a sitting pheasant with an airgun, perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned..??

Now where's my catapult, I'm off out after that muntjac..?? :lol:

Cat.

That's history now Gary, the hatchet has been well & truly buried, (not in MC's head I hasten to add ) .

Apparently our banter has not been to everybody's liking, so from now on it's all sweetness and light between us , lest somebody may take offence.

Well if that is the case I may as well throw my toys out and go and find another forum.

Cat baiting was the only reason I come on here.

What is wrong with shooting a pheasant sitting with an airgun? :good::D

Cat,

You are not old fashioned, you're just OLD

What is wrong with shooting a pheasant sitting with an airgun? :D:lol:

Jeez,

You should at least make them run first before having a pop with your rusty BSA Meteor. If they aint moving it aint sporting. Some people :good::lol:

And dont be hating on air rifles either, they will take down a bull elephant if you jam the entire gun into one of it's heart valves while it is asleep.

ZB

Edited by Zapp Brannigan

I too like a lot of others read this forum a while before posting again probably due to the generation I am in [mid60s] ,

I have to agree I often want to comment on various topics but feel that I will be classed as a "Know all " , far from it I an after a lifetime shootin still learning and ENJOYING my hobby .

It is comforting to know I am not on my own in this thread , plus I often am unwilling to contribute as computers are fairly new to me , as a lad I wes often shooting rather than going to school , so my spelling stops me too , even worse is the small keyboadr compared to my FAT one finger typing .

All this realy fades into nothing when I can enjoy the postings of like minded folk .

I too LIKE PW !!! POW !

I too like a lot of others read this forum a while before posting again probably due to the generation I am in [mid60s] ,

I have to agree I often want to comment on various topics but feel that I will be classed as a "Know all " , far from it I an after a lifetime shootin still learning and ENJOYING my hobby .

It is comforting to know I am not on my own in this thread , plus I often am unwilling to contribute as computers are fairly new to me , as a lad I wes often shooting rather than going to school , so my spelling stops me too , even worse is the small keyboadr compared to my FAT one finger typing .

All this realy fades into nothing when I can enjoy the postings of like minded folk .

I too LIKE PW !!! POW !

POW ,

I fisrt turned on a computor just over a year ago and have graduated to typing with two fingers ,i really do find it hard work posting or replying to posts and it takes me ages to type anything at all . The most technical thing our generation had to contend with was going from a double triger to a single trigger with a top tang barrel selector ,took me ages to get used to that piece of trickery . Harnser .

POW ,

I fisrt turned on a computor just over a year ago and have graduated to typing with two fingers ,i really do find it hard work posting or replying to posts and it takes me ages to type anything at all . The most technical thing our generation had to contend with was going from a double triger to a single trigger with a top tang barrel selector ,took me ages to get used to that piece of trickery . Harnser .

of coarse it would you are in naaaarfuk :good::D:lol::lol::stupid::stupid:

tb

I like PW for -

trolls

flame ups

sarcasm

meet ups

mickey taking

"i am not coming back" / dummy spit posts

the laugh out loud / tea spat into keyboard postings of Tosspot, Chard, Mungler, Zapp Brannigan amongst others

Seriously though, I like PW because:

1. It is a superb resource of shooting/fieldsports knowhow. I have lost count of the number of times I have come up against a problem for which I couldnt find a sollution, or just had a dumb question to ask, but cannot think of a single instance where somebody more knowledgable hasnt come forward to help. One or two have even quietly offered physical assistance for jobs I dont have the skill to do, you know who you are, and how much the offers are appreciated. IMHO there is a level of community spirit on this forum you just dont see in everyday life.

2. There are some really, really funny people on here (again, you know who you are). It takes quite a lot to make me laugh out loud, but there arent many days that there isnt somebody on here who says something that sets me off. There are quite a few threads on this site that are comedy gold. The argument over the weight of a bucket of sand for example makes me smile just thinking about it.

Great stuff chaps, long may it continue :good:

ZB

I like PW because it's full of people who are all different.

You mean special right?

Met some top people from here. I tend to read more than i post and even then it's mostly toot, although it had to be said my pressure proof rating unearthed non of the experts that i hoped lurked on here. Given the clever types on here with their mathematical ways (and that's not sarcasm) no one ever did explain that one.