whats the best camo jacket

mark47

I bought a camo jacket from an advert in the Countrymens Weekly about 5 or 6 years ago. The company was called SAS, based up north, and the jacket was waterproof and used a ripstop material. It took me until this year to damage it. I don't know if they are still going but they were helpfull and even done me a jacket with poacher pockets in that would take two 20lb salmon :good:

LB

I don't think we can mention other companies here. PM me if you are after a jacket, I know where you can get jackets and other bits at a massive discount, someones already recomended Deerhunter RAM, theres a reversible one reduced from £129.99 to £49.99.....

Another vote here for the Deerhunter range. I use the Montana jacket and trousers and can say that they are very comfy and warm. The one niggle I find is that the waterproof membrane keeps everything beneath it dry though the pockets (and everything in them) will still get wet. If Im going out in really wet and cold weather I use an ex Army all in one goretex sniper suit. Its got loads of pockets ,is totally waterproof and has a sleeping bag type lining in it so u stay warm and toasty.

Until recently i've used Army Surplus, then l saved a bought a Deer Hunter Rusky Jacket in AP Cammo - WOW....l was out yesterday whilst it was -4 around us and it was like l was wearing a radiator - absolutely brilliant - although l've had to take out the inner jacket as even in the coldest weather its way way way too warm. there's loads of pockets, draw cords and other things like zips in the arm pits to allow ventilation! really impressed!

Lifes never been so good!

T

Guys just to let you know, I have given the details out to a few people now for the Deerhunter jackets, one of the memebers sent me a PM to say that they have now sold out. They probably had a limited number but it it isn't a surprise that they have been snapped up at that price!

I wear a Jack Pyke hunters jacket.See here.

I've been out in driving rain,howling wind,but im still warm & dry.Its got loads of handy pockets and good price at £60 :o

I have just picked up a set of these clothes for Xmas and I was very impressed :lol: Think I payed £70 for the Jacket and Trousers, But I knew the stall owner and got trader discount :sick: I also picked up the gloves and a hat in the same to go along hahaha! Im fully kitted out ;)

I use a Jahti Jakt Pro suit for most of my shooting (and beating). It's actually just a green colour but I top it off with my net suit when I have to cammo up (I use the net suit on it's own in summer).

For £179 for jacket, trousers, fleece, thermals, cap and a fly-net (not really useful unless on a swamp) I'm very impressed with the quality and comfort. One of the lads I shoot with has the cammo version which is around the £190 mark but again is a full suit and includes some other bits too.

It's warm, not too heavy, not restrictive and has seen some pretty serious downpours too.