witch cammo coat whats the best

best jacket i ever had was an ex army one, the ones issued just before the 95 gear came out (it had the slides on the shoulder for the rank tabs instead of on the chest).

it was tough, warm and water proof, plus as it was cheap i never worried about it getting snagged on barb wire or thorns, etc. think it only cost about £20. :good:

sorry i never buy the dear stuff for the above reasons! :good:

i have one of these in max 4,had it about 5 years and however cold it gets i never need more than a t-shirt on underneath. its the best coat i've ever had and it comes with a detachable bomber jacket in max 4 as well, just seen the discount price so going to get a spare, $130 = £88 + p&p

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...=0033659942920a

mikee

Edited by mikee

yes, im about to buy a deerhunter montana jacket.... is there any other jacket i should be looking at for the same cash.... whats the major differance in the montana and the ram jacket ?

its alot of cash to splash over the net without seeing the quality of the gear first.....

does anyone rate or hate the montana ?

ive got army dpm gortex but its got no pockets and is too noisy, are the sas smocks worth having... although they aint water proof ?

Everyone calls them sas smocks but there are really windproof smocks. I still have mine and rate them although they do tear on brambles etc fairly easily although they have plenty of pockets and a decent wired hood and dry fairly quickly.

Edited by luckytrigger

Rather than blow the whole wad on one jacket what about getting a couple of reasonable ( say £50-60 each ) quality ones with different camo. Wetlands perhaps for stubbles and hardwoods for winter hedgerow \ woodland work and if nothing else it will give you one to change into if the others wet.

I have 4

TFH Realtree Hardwoods grey\ brown

TFH Realtree Hardwoods Green\ brown

Whitewater shaddow grass

Desert army camo.

Edited by anser2