Look What My Guns Have Turned Into

winchester

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to swap guns for a bike it wouldn't have been for a girlie bike :good:

I have rode every make and kind of bike over the years for developement raced them as well ,isle of man TT, Nothwest 200. i have had my day draging my knee and rideing like a bat out of hell (can still do it ) but i am getting to old and the bones dont heal as well as they used to so i will stick with the girlie bike and leve the cemetry to the heros

If only you'd got one that handled, stopped & went

My point exactly, they do make bikes that do that, without spending a fortune on them as well. And for someone who has ridden bikes, for development purposes, why on earth would you buy one that's more at home ploughing fields or pumping ditches out, and it's girlie cos it isn't a 1340

Becacuse of the developements we did on Brakes suspention etc thats why you have such machines today, The harley is sidate comfy and a different way of rideing, its a cruser not a bruser, this engine is bomb proof, but you younguns wouldnt know how to ride a old style bike. Even though one of you has what looks like a british twin in the avatar

Edited by winchester

Becacuse of the developements we did on Brakes suspention etc thats why you have such machines today, The harley is sidate comfy and a different way of rideing, its a cruser not a bruser, this engine is bomb proof, but you younguns wouldnt know how to ride a old style bike. Even though one of you has what looks like a british twin in the avatar

A HArley that's bomb proof?:good:?:D?? And a Sportster that's a cruiser? Why call it Sportster then?

And me a youngun, gaw bless you mate

I bought it for two reasons first it still going to be worth what i payed for it 5 years from know so investment second because i want to cruse and see the country i am rideing through and not just a blur, and get off it like i have broke me back again ouch wrists hurt etc Harleys are a statust-cult bike a bit like landrover you eather love them or hate them but drive -ride one first ,

and dont let previously held vews get in the way If everyone was the same it would be a sad world we live in

I know what Harleys are, having owned several myself being a long term member of a club, and as a contributor to many magazines and an author of several books, I get given lots of bikes, Harleys, Confederates et al to ride, some on long term loan. I wouldn't have chosen the Sportster from the Harley range for the purposes you have said you require of a bike I also hope you are not dissappointed with the return on your investment, mayhap you should have stick it in an Icelandic bank, or bought Woolworths shares