How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my first go at clay shooting last night (other than once with a single trap). Got 22/50 sporting. Sounds a bit bad but i thought it was quite good.

Managed to get 9/10 on the one stand but failed miserably on the high birds from behind (1st stand), where i got 3/10 and the quick shot crossers 1/10 (last), but then averaged 5/10 on the others.

The ones i did hit, i got good, and managed to hit everyone (bar 1) which shows i can do it

So i better put the practice in

Edited by DanRM

nice result magman. :D:)

chard will go to pieces on skeet, way to hard for him :( :yes:his excuse will be hes been up all night playing with his tackle ready. :hmm::hmm:

:good: So its true his is a blanker :blink:

Tackle's ready :good:

Zziplex dusted off, new gaffer tape to hold the rings on. Multiplier given a new splash of motor oil and I've dug the worst of the sand out of the bearings :lol:

You might just have the edge on me on the skeet :) , that was a shock to the system, I'm not used to shooting clays off the end of my nose. You wouldn't stand a chance on the ball trap though

Bets please as i shot ball trap today :D Bit costly shooting 100 clays every day :o

Are we putting any £ on tomorrow :yp:

ill have a pound on chard winning the ball trap. :good:

sorry mag.

Why ? If that's how you feel all i after do is prove you wrong :good: easy

BUT

ill have a pound on you winning the skeet. :blink:

There is room for improvement but not much :)

Yours Miss Chippy :D

Didn't have too bad a day yesterday.

Leathered most clays coming towards me but as i get better at that i find the DTL stuff seems to be getting harder. Only managed to hit the odd one or two but no consistancy at all.

More practice needed i think....

Had a great morning at Worsley with Magman, Magboy, Yellow Bear and Craig. I shot with Craigs DT10 and got an 82/100. Magman was on fire and put in an 88/100, which would have been in the low 90's except he shot a stand of simmo pairs

like a *** :good: .

Magboy was a star, as usual, getting 35/75 (he's 11 or 12 years old :D )

Yellow Bear shooting far better since he had his gun fitted properly.

Craig managed 80/100 shooting not very well with his old Browning Ultra XS, as I'd nicked his DT10 :P

I shot with the DT10 to see if I really wanted to spend all that money on one, and I don't think I do.

Obviously if I'd shot with my own gun I'd have beaten Magman :yes::):lol: . Seriously though, I think it would be a waste of money at I time when I don't really have a lot, so I think I'll get the 682 tarted up (it's looking a bit tired). It's never had a service and I'm going to see if a gunsmith can improve the balance by bunging some weight in the stock. It is the perfect balance that keeps attracting me to DT10's but I'm thinking that the balance on mine could be improved, without a silly outlay of cash.

Good day, great company, disgusting weather, with heavyish rain all day :D

Annihilator must have bottled it when he saw the weather. We missed seeing him shoot 73/100 :lol::lol::lol:

I expect he was womanizing somewhere :hmm:

Edited by Chard

Had a great morning at Worsley with Magman, Magboy, Yellow Bear and Craig. I shot with Craigs DT10 and got an 82/100. Magman was on fire and put in an 88/100, which would have been in the low 90's except he shot a stand of simmo pairs

like a ***

Magboy was a star, as usual, getting 35/75 (he's 11 or 12 years old :hmm: )

Craig managed 80/100 shooting not very well with his old Browning Ultra XS, as I'd nicked his DT10 :P

I shot with the DT10 to see if I really wanted to spend all that money on one, and I don't think I do.

Obviously if I'd shot with my own gun I'd have beaten Magman :lol::P:lol: . Seriously though, I think it would be a waste of money at I time when I don't really have a lot, so I think I'll get the 682 tarted up (it's looking a bit tired). It's never had a service and I'm going to see if a gunsmith can improve the balance by bunging some weight in the stock. It is the perfect balance that keeps attracting me to DT10's but I'm thinking that the balance on mine could be improved, without a silly outlay of cash.

Annihilator must have bottled it when he saw the weather. We missed seeing him shoot 73/100 I expect he was womanizing somewhere

I agree about the *** bit :/

Just checked my card seems i missed a bird on the last stand :lol::no: but **** happens

Was a bad day weather wise but the company made up for it , Yellow bear is back in the seat which im glad to see :)

A big thank you to beretta :good: just let you down on one stand and yes i do no where i went wrong but didn't stop and done the same thing over and over again :o lesson learnt

As for Chard i went there expecting to be chasing him :o but that never was the case :P i will give you a few tips next time :lol:

Jay shot well for an 11 year old , well done son :yes:

Craig shot ok but seen him shoot the dt10 alot better , Chards fault :lol:

We all had a go on the compact at the end :lol: did i mention i won that as well without missing a bird :D

As for Annihilator , seem's everytime i go he backs out and hides ? or is he still dressed in school uniform from mrs sweepys party . Could even still be with mrs sweepy :D

Chris you there Chris

I agree about the *** bit :yes:

Just checked my card seems i missed a bird on the last stand :D:hmm: but **** happens

You did miss a bird on the last stand :D

You said yourself that you shot over the top of the first of the low R-L crossers, then after that you hit them all - *** :good:

like a *** .

Magboy was a star, as usual, getting 35/75 (he's 11 or 12 years old )

Obviously if I'd shot with my own gun I'd have beaten Magman :lol::P:lol: . Seriously though, I think it would be a waste of money at I time when I don't really have a lot, so I think I'll get the 682 tarted up (it's looking a bit tired). It's never had a service and I'm going to see if a gunsmith can improve the balance by bunging some weight in the stock. It is the perfect balance that keeps attracting me to DT10's but I'm thinking that the balance on mine could be improved, without a silly outlay of cash.

Annihilator must have bottled it when he saw the weather. We missed seeing him shoot 73/100 :lol: :

I expect he was womanizing somewhere :lol:

I agree about the *** bit :D

Just checked my card seems i missed a bird on the last stand :lol: :o but **** happens

Was a bad day weather wise but the company made up for it , Yellow bear is back in the seat which im glad to see

A big thank you to beretta :hmm: just let you down on one stand and yes i do no where i went wrong but didn't stop and done the same thing over and over again :o lesson learnt

As for Chard i went there expecting to be chasing him but that never was the case i will give you a few tips next time :no:

Jay shot well for an 11 year old , well done son

Craig shot ok but seen him shoot the dt10 alot better , Chards fault :yes:

We all had a go on the compact at the end :) did i mention i won that as well without missing a bird :P

As for Annihilator , seem's everytime i go he backs out and hides ? or is he still dressed in school uniform from mrs sweepys party . Could even still be with mrs sweepy

Chris you there Chris

All been said by the others - great day despite the weather, great company - Your right Jay's a star. :good:

Where were you anhilator, still in essex with Paul or just a fair weather shooter :D:lol:

YB

well shot magman :D:hmm:

do you believe me now that its a thinking mans game. anyone can hit a clay but its them in the know that win. :yes::)

anymore lessons let me know. lol.

Oh yes master :lol:

As for the lessons , think you better help that Chard bloke :lol: Slamming empties everywhere and growling :lol:

Be good to see you again next week for the next lesson at the secret location :lol:

speak soon :good:

Anybody seen Chris :D

Chris you there Chris

Jeez seems like you guys missed me today :D .

I would have been down had I known there was a meet on. :D

I got all dolled up for the party, Shave, school uniform,satchel,etc.

I looked like angus young, Don't know what happened though, :hmm: Woke up on main road in a puddle of **** .

Must have been them wine gums :good:.

Hope the mrs dos'nt read the womanising bit :lol: That will cost me a plenty. And death.

Good shooting there magson. Beretta certainly helps . O BERETTA WON KENOBI . :yes: .

See ya next time maybe :) .

Jeez seems like you guys missed me today :lol: .

I would have been down had I known there was a meet on. :hmm:

I got all dolled up for the party, Shave, school uniform,satchel,etc.

I looked like angus young, Don't know what happened though, :lol: Woke up on main road in a puddle of **** .

Must have been them wine gums :lol:.

Hope the mrs dos'nt read the womanising bit :lol: That will cost me a plenty. And death.

Good shooting there magson. Beretta certainly helps . O BERETTA WON KENOBI . :lol: .

See ya next time maybe :P .

Just as long as it is not raining !! :good::yes::):D:D:lol::no:

Went to Caterham Clays today for the first time.

Lots of high and distance stuff including a 40 or so yard rabbit - got all 5 there so was pleased with that

Was on 68 with 2 stands to go so thought i was in for good card but then i ****** it up. Second to last stand i did was a high driven mini (deep joy) followed with high standard - ended up with a 3 :rolleyes: Last stand fast R/L and L/R below feet level - 5 there so ended the day with 76/100 - 3 9s, 3 8s, 10, 7, 3 and 5, so still dropping some stupid birds - could and should have been better.

All in all a good weekend, with another straight on skeet yesterday and another new ground today.

Edit: and as usual somebody puts in an 84/100 in C Class

Edited by Bigweed

Southdown today with Tosspot, Bigweed and Chard (and Chard offspring Ross)

85/100 for me. The layout wasn't particularly hard. I made a right mess of one particular bird, missing all 5 (and the next 7 I tried) and messed up what should have been an easy stand. I felt a bit gutted as I'd started out really well. 10, 9, 8, 5, 5, 10, 9, 10, 9, 10. The two 5s screwing me royally.

Tosspot and Chard both shot extremely well, Bigweed did very well for his first visit to Southdown.

It's a shame that the layout was a bit lame for Chard and son's visit, the skeet was even worse. :no: