How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my PB today with a 36\50 ESP :look:

Going back tomorrow for another 50 ESP and 50 Skeet.

Definitely going to have to find somewhere cheaper than Churchills though, £28 for 50 ESP :oops:

Jon.

I haven't been any where that charges that for 100!

Oh, and well done on the PB!

Careful Jon, you'll give all the Northerners heart attacks!! :look:

...though I must say, that is a blummin' rip off!!

Yes, the last time i was up there it was £22.02 only a few weeks ago, the £28 today was an offer rate for Mon\Tue :yes:

As for giving the Northerner's a heart attack i am one lol, came down for 3 months.... about 12 years ago :oops:

Jon.

One consolation was the we came in ahead of the Surrey Police who got an aggregate of 251 (not sure how many were in their group though).

and if there was only 3 in there squad.. that would make us complete *******

Edited by Bigweed

Yes, the last time i was up there it was £22.02 only a few weeks ago, the £28 today was an offer rate for Mon\Tue :yes:

As for giving the Northerner's a heart attack i am one lol, came down for 3 months.... about 12 years ago :lol:

Jon.

nice to see another northerner lost in the south :yes::lol:

but we took part and had a good day - thats all that counts - he says :yes::lol:

well was good day .... just need more practice and not bad really for a group who hasnt even been shooting for a year yet ..... though was my worst round ever at west kent :lol:

Me Markio and JonD attended a very windy Fyfield today. Driving up there through 3 different huge rainclouds didn't fill me with enthusiasm, but it cleared up as I arrived.

65/75 for me, 52/75 for Markio and 32/70 for JonD. The targets/birds from the first 3 stands were all going away/teal type. Got bored of those really quickly, but things got better as we went around, apart from the trap problems we encountered. :good:

25 Skeet followed. 20 or 19 for me (I think) 17 for JonD, and I missed Markio's result. The high bird severely affected by wind causing me to miss both of them from stand 1. :good:

Nice to meet you Jon. Don't forget Dartford if you fancy it on 31st Aug.

17 on the skeet for me too.

Yeah, those teals got a bit repetitive, and only having a total of 9 stands of which at least 4 traps weren't working was a bit poor, i'm sure it was a better setup last year. Still the tower was good and a couple of other traps that needed some tackling!

Anyway, cheers for the day chaps. :lol:

Can I come on the next one chaps? I feel a bit left out and, despite my recent sucky form, I feel I can do better when shooting something with a prize to aim for (so to speak).

As long as it's not too far away from home.

And I can be home in time for supper.

And the fiancee doesn't mind me doing it.

Other than that, I'm happy to volunteer.

Me Markio and JonD attended a very windy Fyfield today. Driving up there through 3 different huge rainclouds didn't fill me with enthusiasm, but it cleared up as I arrived.

65/75 for me, 52/75 for Markio and 32/70 for JonD. The targets/birds from the first 3 stands were all going away/teal type. Got bored of those really quickly, but things got better as we went around, apart from the trap problems we encountered. :lol:

25 Skeet followed. 20 or 19 for me (I think) 17 for JonD, and I missed Markio's result. The high bird severely affected by wind causing me to miss both of them from stand 1. :lol:

Nice to meet you Jon. Don't forget Dartford if you fancy it on 31st Aug.

17 on the skeet for me too.

Yeah, those teals got a bit repetitive, and only having a total of 9 stands of which at least 4 traps weren't working was a bit poor, i'm sure it was a better setup last year. Still the tower was good and a couple of other traps that needed some tackling!

Anyway, cheers for the day chaps. :lol:

Cheers guys, I had a great day, the drive was worth it.

Thanks for the help and advice, it's much appreciated :lol: I'm going hunting for the bits to make the stock extender and try different levels on the comb.

I have literally just walked through the door as i remembered it was Churchills evening shoot so went and did the sporting (cheaper as the stand is manned not caddied) and shot badly with a 15\50 and then a 14\25 at skeet, too much for one day me thinksours and i don't think 4 hours in the car helped :D

I'll be up for Dartford :)

Jon.

Went to the late evening practice at Doveridge with the new (well, new to me) AL390 Lioness today and had a great solo session again. Weather was fine, clouds scudding about but no rain :lol: Bit of a wait to get on the skeet as only one range was up and running due to the preparations for the Skeet Champs, then wandered off to some of the Sporting stands. The Lioness didn't miss a beat and no miscycles in the 70-odd I shot. I can't believe the confidence this gun is giving me - made a ****py day at work easier to get over!!!

Managed several straights on some sporting stands and it felt like I had ages to shoot the doubles - long may it last!!! I'm loving it....

Going to try DTL for the 1st time this weekend. Won't give up on my beautiful Ultra yet, maybe just build up a lot more confidence with this semi-auto. Thinking I may take the semi out to the CLA Gamefair in 2 weeks time as we've got tickets for the weekend. Anyway, a really good day!! :lol: :lol:

I shot a 70 today at worsley...No excuses really just not concentrating.... ???

I think Nickyt did a 73, and the other two non pigeonwatchers chucked in a 74? and I think a 79-89? if i can remember rightly

Started badley.....But finished well when I gave myself a talking too..

Finishing well has left me confident for the comp at conniston tommoz , just hope I can carry it through :oops:

Did well on the skeet though so a good day out :)

I shot a 70 today at worsley...No excuses really just not concentrating.... :)

I think Nickyt did a 73, and the other two non pigeonwatchers chucked in a 74? and I think a 79-89? if i can remember rightly

Started badley.....But finished well when I gave myself a talking too..

Finishing well has left me confident for the comp at conniston tommoz , just hope I can carry it through :oops:

Did well on the skeet though so a good day out :oops:

That would be Craig on 79-89 I presume ???

Looking forward to Coniston too :good: