That was the hardest clay course I've ever had a go at :good:

Just got back from the Welsh Open Championship at Mid Wales SG iconeek.gif

Scores on the doors :

Beretta - 84

Ron/Berettaman1/Zippo :P - 69

Chard - 67

Craig - 64

Anni - 53

When Beretta "only" gets 84, you know it's bad (or good depending on your point of view).

A great shoot, relentlessly testing, no gimmes at all.

High gun was only 88 when we left, that was Graham Stirzaker, so if it gets beat, I don't think it'll be by much.

Just when you think you're coming on a bit, you get brought back to earth with a bang :lol:

Great to meet Ron at last, a great day :rolleyes:

I learnt something. Red Bull and clay shooting don't mix :) While I was waiting to shoot on a particularly difficult stand, I thought I'd get one of these Red Bull type things down my neck. Bloody hell, I was hyper in seconds. When I came to shoot, as soon as I moved the gun, I pulled the trigger. I was flying :no::P B) I got 2/8 on that stand :P Thankfully it wore off really quick and I was OK after that.

Edited by Chard

just got back in. :rolleyes:

well!!!!!!!!!!! about time someone put a decent shoot on instead of all the gimmies i have shot lately :good::yes:

all credit to the ground for a really testing course :lol::P

i think it was a little eye opener for a couple of our merry band today, a hint of shoots from a bygone age where high guns were small and shooters learnt a lot more.

great shoot and good company as usual, even ron :):no:

stick to that gun anni and learn it cos it suits you. :P

Went to Barrow Heath today. Very glad we did as it was a fantastic shoot, the targets were every bit as interesting/technical as Southdown, probably better. The setting was also very pleasant indeed.

72/100 for me. Wasn't too unhappy with that. Was expecting an 80. My trigger freeze appeared again after three weeks, and cost me 2 birds, plus my usual routine of killing the first two pairs, missing the 3rd pair and then killing the last two also cost me dear.

On the plus side, I hit all loopers and Bateus (apart from the 3rd pair on a stand) so I'm really thrilled that I've made clear progress on that. Just got to work on keeping my concentration after the 2nd pair, for some reasin I start overleading stuff.

Going again next week, our Colt shoots for free, including 3 attempts at the pool shoot, so 136 free clays..... a great idea. :rolleyes:

I think I got 2nd in class c. Shame I was birds only. Paul Simpson was high gun on 92.

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Shot with the mafia today at jj,s...was a great set up, far more challenging than usual.

Scores were:

Mungler 65

evil elvis 64

Digweed 64

Broken man 64

Bagsey 54

Raja clavata 51

Suebear 41

Big Dunc 40

and anita...who got 18 but it was her first proper try!!!!!

I just got a phone call that i won c class and mr Digweed was first in the side by side challenge when we left!!!

THE WELSH OPEN :P:rolleyes::good::yes::):no: B) I LOVED IT :yes:

Now all was going well for me untill the last 3 stands where I just couldnt hit them.

The only reason being I have never shot at targets like that :P .All my own fault really.

Like beretta has said it was an eye opener for me( Its just what is needed to progress in this game)

If I went to worsley after that I could have straightened the place no question :yes:

Allthough my score was low it has given me so much confidence in a strange way.

Good shooting from the lads too, craid and chard really put in a good score, and beretta gave a master class as usual :lol:

Bring on more tuffys I say :P

Good shooting from the lads too, craid and chard really put in a good score, and beretta gave a master class as usual :good:

Bring on more tuffys I say :yes:

I wouldn't call 67 and 64 good but I know what you're saying.

I think we need to shoot a lot more of that sort of stuff :lol:

You just don't often find it. :rolleyes:

Not in the same league but posted a 16, 17, 17, 16 on the skeet today, and a 15, 16, 15 mid week so i'm getting more consistent. I need to work on 4 as that's where the bulk of my misses are.

Jon.

I've got to get on the skeet sometime in the next couple of weeks. I've got a comp at the end of the month that involves Sporting, Skeet and DTL :rolleyes:

Never shot DTL in my life and I'm not good at skeet :good:

Dunc and I popped along to the White Bear shoot after JJ's to try out his new 20 bore game gun.

He had a bit of trouble with the automatic safety but got the hang of it in the end; finished up with twenty something.

I got a 9, 8 and 7 on the 3 most challenging stands and a poxy 4 & 5 on the other easier two using mine.

The layout was quite a bit harder than I remember them being in the past.

Also took the mutt who was quite well behaved.

There was a very nasty motorbike accident at the junction with Shonks Mill Lane on the way back, poor soul.

I'm not allowed, I'm AA class for skeet so not eligible! :rolleyes::good:

I've heard that there is a 100 Sporting Open on the same day though so might head down depending on what mood I'm in :yes:

finger.gif You AA Yorkshire monkey.

:lol:

You should get your harris over here and show me how to shoot skeet then :P:P:):no:

:good::yes::lol:

I'd be delighted! You will have to speak to my manager and see if I have any space available in my hectic schedule though, it's all go for the squad in the build up to next week! :no:North of England All-Stars

You just made that list up. James Tinkler indeed. Where's Henry Corkpiece and George Ringtickler? :P:):P

Well done that man, a little bird told me you shot a mean bit of skeet :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

That sounds like an excellent result! Must be in the prizes with that? :lol:

Thanks Pete; today wasn't a comp, just a window of opportunity as mum and baby are still at the Hospital so i escaped to shoot for a few hours :P I'd rather have made it to the Welsh, but needs must :P

You shooting the Clubman Chard?? :)

Abso-*******-lutely :yes: Chard and I are the "official" representatives of Manchester Clay Shooting Club :yes::yes:

I'm not allowed, I'm AA class for skeet so not eligible! :rolleyes::good:

I've heard that there is a 100 Sporting Open on the same day though so might head down depending on what mood I'm in :P

Hmm, maybe we can extend our visit Chard and fit in a 100-birder as well?B)? :no:

Edited by Nicky T

THE WELSH OPEN :):rolleyes::good::yes::no: B) :P I LOVED IT :yes:

Now all was going well for me untill the last 3 stands where I just couldnt hit them.

The only reason being I have never shot at targets like that :yes: .All my own fault really.

Like beretta has said it was an eye opener for me( Its just what is needed to progress in this game)

If I went to worsley after that I could have straightened the place no question :yes:

Good shooting from the lads too, craid and chard really put in a good score, and beretta gave a master class as usual :lol:

Bring on more tuffys I say :P

At least you had a go at it! :P Did you shoot your cowboy gun today??? ;)