How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot birds only Caterham today with MC and LV because we were passing.

Nice ground and good set up - would recommend.

Mind you they closed the burger van too early for my liking.

Nice shoot and I found a bottle of Port in the back of MCs Disco when getting my stuff out.

Mung were you missing any ? :yes::good: :blink:

Bigweed, the only score I can remember was MC with 69 (memorable score). LV got a lower 60 something and I got 80 something.

With a sensible head on you could do a 90 on today's set up; there were only 2 testing stands being No. 1 and about stand 7 which was a long rabbit and battue.

Hmmm, sounds like it was a tad on the tough side, if the only score being fessed up to was the "Big Fella's" Soixante Neuf.........my favourite number.... :yes:

Caterham's not a bad ground, easy to get to, also they can put some good birds on over the valley, well worth a visit.

Cat.

I thoroughly enjoyed the shoot at Caterham, we did hear that the high gun was 96 which on yesterdays course was outstanding.

The first stand was a bitch but other than that nothing out of the ordinary. Stand 8 had a trapper who was more interested in cuddling Sarah from the Fennes and lighting his cigar when I was shooting rather than sending the birds when I called for them and the last stand is difficult if you are 6'4" as there is a bar accross the cage at the front which I could only just get my head under let alone shoot a reasonably fast driven bird.

All in all a good shoot and one I will definetly go back to.

Hmmm, sounds like it was a tad on the tough side, if the only score being fessed up to was the "Big Fella's" Soixante Neuf.........my favourite number.... :good:

Caterham's not a bad ground, easy to get to, also they can put some good birds on over the valley, well worth a visit.

Cat.

Nothing to be ashamed of, I got 62 (defo) and Mung 82. (I think)

Mods: can we get Cats forum name changed to "Tedious Mong" and get a yawn smiley please ?

One of the female trappers was lovely and so I dropped lots of birds on her stand and whilst looking at her from other stands - honest ! :good:

Edited by LV

Shot at AC sporting targets three rounds of 25 sporting [ think its called cpmpact sporting] first round 10, second round 13, completely rubbish wasnt mounting the gun properly couldnt focus etc etc. Thought of calling it a day but we decided to go and have a cup of tea and chill for 10 minutes then we went back for one more round and shot 22 :lol:

31x50 at my local (last of the year due to Wildfowling season). Tougher shoot than normal but all hit-able. By chance Haggis also joined us. Good to meet you, you're always welcome to join us mate. :lol:

Mark, you just reminded me that I met Haggis (just to say hello to) at the Colchester Garrison shoot I went on with MC and LV (now ME) a few weeks ago. That shoot was one of the most testing shoots I have ever shot - it was wickedly hard. My only grumble was that it was but 50 birds and the average was 6 or 8 birds a stand. The problem was that when you missed / blanked you didn't get enough goes at it to adjust, break and learn from it. I digress, but a truly excellent shoot. If I could be guaranteed of it being that hard again I would make the effort and go back again. If you told me it was going to be that hard and 100 birds and I would move to Colchester :good:

As I said, I digress........