stainless steel flask

shelleyshot

don't know if its been covered before but i need a new one. was thinking of getting a stanley but have had bad press on it so any ideas or are they any good. want one a bit bigger than a litre but don't know which one to go for. any body bought one recently that is any good. thankyou

s.s :good: :o :lol:

when martinmorton saw my flask,he was amazed.... he asked what it was and what it did.....

i told him it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.....

amazing he said ,ill have to get one...

next time i saw him, he looked a little glum

whats wrong i asked him?

well, i got my new thermos flask like yours, but it doesnt work ??

why ever not i asked, what have you got in it ?

martin replied, two choch ices and a cup of bovril !!!:good:

not the sharpest tool in the box our mart........ :o

I don't believe that you have got a flask no.gif no.gif

Never seen it.

All you do is to poach from mine and whinge about the quality of my coffee blink.gif blink.gif

You can sod off in future good.gif good.gif

Don

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!

i knew you'd rise to that one....

and for the record, this sunday, don made the finest coffee, blended with conny onny and a good single malt....... very good...

so, if i turn up with a flask, we'l have a litre or so each.... now you know your bladder wont cope with that don...not at your age mate..... ( says me, 20 pee's per shoot !!!)

Edited by myzeneye

The 'stainless ones don't work' replies are probably from people who got them free with a litre of oil, I didn't even know you could still buy glass thermos's but apparently you can, can't imagine why you would want one.

I was also reminded by mrs stuartp that the thermos I bought her for Christmas last year (yes, I know I spoil her...) is a thermos made by the thermos making company called Thermos, and is stainless steel and keeps drink and soup piping hot all day long.

http://www.thermos.co.uk/products.php?prod=186291

im sure everyone knows the basics of "tempering" your flask first...?

if you dont do it, pre heat the flask with boiling water for a few mins then tip out and add you piping hot brew straight away...this stops the flask absorbing the heat out yer brew and keeps a brew hot ALL day.

my fav however, is my stanley food flask...got it from aldi for 3 quid... tin of all day breckie or last nights scouse goes in it, in the microwave for 3 mins, lid on.... hot dinner hot till around 2pm from an 8am start..... worth its weight in gold....

when martinmorton saw my flask,he was amazed.... he asked what it was and what it did.....

i told him it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.....

amazing he said ,ill have to get one...

next time i saw him, he looked a little glum

whats wrong i asked him?

well, i got my new thermos flask like yours, but it doesnt work ??

why ever not i asked, what have you got in it ?

martin replied, two choch ices and a cup of bovril !!!;)

not the sharpest tool in the box our mart........ ???

"BOOM! BOOM!......!!"

hahhahaha very good Mathew. :yes:

I buy a new one every year, and they are always the cheap-o ones from Asda or whatever. I usualy take two flasks one with sugar, and one without, and they stay warm for a few hours. If you go and spend £30 on a flask, it will be the same as spending £5.

I have only a few weeks ago bought a new SS flask from asda, their own make george at a bargain price of £4.50.........well it was no bargain, more like £4.50 down the drain, it is totaly useless, first thing I noticed when filling the outside gets hot, cant be right, and it keeps coffee hot for 2 hours.

Agree with stuart, Id always bought cheap thinking it cant be much worse than a Thermos. Iwas wrong, the Thermos flask ive got now is definatly the canines repoductives. Ive got hot tea all day, despite leaving it on a snow covered river bank next to my rods. Seriously, its worth spending the money on.