Pigeon shooting on TV

greybeard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would you let anyone edit you shooting without your approval :lol: could go any way in my book and him being a pigeon shooter for 40 years then you would of thought he has all the contacts he needed .

Never doubted he was who he said ,just found it strange he had no contacts

Edited by magman

I have always found that people judge other people by how they are themselves,

As for editorial control, you aren't likely to get that whatever media you get involved in unless you are a household name.

Stewart me old china, I'm not reall a pigeon shooter, but if you want someone to come and wave a scatter gun about for meagre exes, I'm your man

Best of luck mate

John

I'll take you up on it.

I read your CV on a screen website and you seem to have done a few things that would tie you into the countryside etc. (A falconers Tale)

Drop me a PM with your plans, I'm a bit further away than your requirements though. However, if no one takes you up on it, you've always got me to fall back on!

Magman

I understand your suspicions.

I don't know about you but I have, since living in Wiltshire, always shot pigeon alone. I have many contacts and that is why I am not pleading for contributors here.

I thought it would good to get PW members involved in some way. Had I realised the hard time I was going to get then I probably should have done something else. However, Hindsight eh?

My contacts are Dog men, game shooters, wildfowlers. The one that would be sutable does not want to do it. Those others that I know, I would prefer not to do it.

As for obsessive pigeon shooters to take part, I know none around here-- only me. You want to try filming yourself to know how hard it is. ( and i don't mean setting a camera on a tripod and letting the tape run.)

All I was ever asking for was help putting this together. I hope, when you see it, you will realise how wrong you were and that this film will be a field sport promotion in the best tradition, not a cowering anti film.

best wishes

my apologies greybeard, as you know there are alot of antis who are out there just to cause us shooters hassle, atleast with your website up here people can check you out (no offence meant) and you will probably get a better response, hope all goes well and im looking forward to seeing the finished product (im a bit of an amateur video maker/editor so i like to see something thats made well)

All the best

And

Happy Shooting...

Mark

:lol:

grey beard please dont take offence and think that all on PW are nutters, i think it was just the fact that it seemed a little bit sus. a random person logging in then offering an outstanding opportunity to pigeon shooters, without giving names, or proof, we didnt mean offence it was just a little bit out of place if you get what i mean, i dont htink any one here meant anything harsh it was just because we had no idea who you were, and any person could say that they are a pigeon shooter and that they are making a show for the country channel, when really they could be an anti making a show to stick up on youtube and totally slag off the shooting community... dont take offence mate...

Apologies

Mark

:lol:

I must be very very selfish. I am just not getting the whole what's in it for whoever does it bit.

I see a big list of "wants" : 60 miles from bath, own permission, good on a camera, able to ad lib etc etc

There is no doubt a reward in heaven and all that and I guess you are getting paid for the gig :D???

Let me say now that I have not taken offence whatsoever. I do sympathise with your suspicions as I too have been on the other end of a similar request some years ago.

As I have stated, I have nothing to hide and to all those that got in touch then please ask for whatever phone numbers you would like to call and i will provide them. Better still, I will give you names and you can call the poduction companies/broadcasters and then you are sure of getting the 'real thing'.

Ferret Master. Thanks for offering to direct people over. most helpful.

Mungler. You are what you are. I don't feel any ill to you at all. Yes I am getting paid, this is my job and I make no appologies for that.

As you never thought to ring me but judge me sight unseen, then you will never know what is on offer.

Best wishes

PS I have been in touch with the Wildfowling club I have held a committee position with and they are fine that I put it up here.

So please, feel free to call Haydn Jones. Chairman. Gloucester Wildfowlers Association at your leasure. Havn't got the number in front of me. you'll have to look it up i'm afraid.

I think Evil Elvis would be good for this ??? They had better be good at editing out swearing and flatulence though :bye2:

Thanks dude...Im the man for the job, If pricked, i can humanely gas em!!!! :D and they need some ****in swearing to make it "real" these days :hmm:

Edited by Evil Elvis

My experience is that there are 2 distinct types of TV programme of this sort. My experience is thus...

1 Serious TV such as Discovery channel which every effort is made to create a genuine, interesting and informative programme. I love this kind of TV making apart from th bit about signing all rights away and not sueing our American friends. This lot stuck to timing.

2 Rigged programmes such as my other experience with a house makeover programme in which the whole thing was set up including the "viewers of the property looking to buy" I was horrified how set up this was and the presenter was so rude and actualy know nothing at all about renovation but preteneded to know all. She is now back to being a weather girl! I am sure you can guess I hate this kind. This lot over ran.

Not sure it this makes any difference to peoples thoughts

From what I can see from this post is greybeard wants to know if anyone wants to talk to him about making a film on pigeon shooting.

It should be a simple case of if you are, send him a PM for more details, or if you are not, or for some reason you don't believe him - then just move along.

I am sure he do without all the conspiracy theories and anti accusations :D

• 2 weeks later...

Having read this for a while I can only add

Our skill as pigeon shooters , is only exceeded by our good looks !! and that only by our Moddesty!!!

Hense the rush to aply ,

There are too many **** takers about to take this one on , My wife would be the first in the que as a PT . POW!

As he say it cant be to hard to check him out without committing yourself to any ****.

A guy who has shot pigeon for forty years, who has no contacts to use or land to shoot on , I just can`t believe. I may be wrong ,but if I were to do the similar my mates would be queueing up to help just for the day out shooting on my land never mind being on the newest tv channel that represents shooting and the countryside. why not shoot for himself the proggrame makers surely have film crews to do the filming. does he have no mates or land or he might be looking for fresh shooting himself. sorry but there are to many negatives and not enough possitives for my liking . sorry it`s a no from me.Thanks for the thought though. just looked at your profile not much info there you list your self as a beginner pigeon shooter.

Edited by snare1

Snare 1

First off. When you join the forum you are logged in as beginner pigeon shooter -- I have just joined so -- Durrh!

Secondly. I have probably been shooting for longer than you have been alive so I do not need to prove myself to you or anyone.

As for your other cynical points. If you knew the way programmes are made you would not make the stupid assumptions that you have. I have land. I have freinds however, you havn't got a clue what you are talking about so I will put your comments down to your lack of knowledge and very suspicios disposition.

I know your type. You are a dampner to the spirit. I bet the glass is always half empty.You sit there potificating about things thinking you are so worldly wise and know it all when in fact you are just too lazy to get off your butt and find out the facts.

some people on this forum are always so quick to jump to conclusions and make accusations that it scares people off! fair enough dont be so naive to believe that everything you read is true but surely if you have any doubts and want to do it just contact him. i'd be happy to do it if i wasnt such a **** shot! :good: