Essex Masters 2009

Chard

Did I see something on here about this the other day?

I rather fancy a day out in deepest Essex this year :D

Is there going to be a PW contingent again this year? If so I wouldn't mind getting my name daaaaaarn for it. I wouldn't want to be squadded with a load of stiffs but I might risk the Pink Party ???:hmm::bye2:

I'm already booked in, first squad out on the last day, (Sunday), I'll know what I've got to beat and by that time will have heard all about the "below par" performances from MC and other Essex lads, the excuses will already be posted on this forum. :yes:

This shoot tends to be a bit of a wake up call for those who think they can shoot, (me included here.. :D???:hmm: ), the best I've ever done is around a 162, (81%), I always know I could have done a bit better. :hmm:

I'm sure Chard will be made most welcome in the land of the XR3I and Shell suits, but don't expect the "skeet in the trees", AKA Worsley Grunge type targets, there's a heck of a lot of sky around most of these targets. :bye2:

Cat.

P.S. - Don't try to enter as a "Birds Only" muppet, or else Rose D will chuck you in the pond. :yes:

I'm in

Tell Halstead cafe to slaughter another swine, the go-lightlys are coming to town.

???:hmm::bye2: Innit.

How many hours are there to kill between sessions? I'm sure we can find something to get up to for a few hours, slaughtering swine and pillaging or something :D

It's queuing up at stands waiting to shoot that would test my will to live

Edited by Chard

Cat

heard a rumour last year that they were considering running both courses simutaneously, any truth in this?

Chard

the rounds filter through quite well but the intermission between am and pm is tiresome, only a small pool shoot to entertain the masses

Cat

heard a rumour last year that they were considering running both courses simutaneously, any truth in this?

Chard

the rounds filter through quite well but the intermission between am and pm is tiresome, only a small pool shoot to entertain the masses

That's what I read, something about getting more land, but I can't find it now :D

Aren't entrants allowed out for lunch/sightseeing/swine slaughtering and other mischief? ???

I'm already booked in, first squad out on the last day, (Sunday), I'll know what I've got to beat and by that time will have heard all about the "below par" performances from MC and other Essex lads, the excuses will already be posted on this forum. :yes:

This shoot tends to be a bit of a wake up call for those who think they can shoot, (me included here.. :D???:hmm: ), the best I've ever done is around a 162, (81%), I always know I could have done a bit better. :hmm:

I'm sure Chard will be made most welcome in the land of the XR3I and Shell suits, but don't expect the "skeet in the trees", AKA Worsley Grunge type targets, there's a heck of a lot of sky around most of these targets. :bye2:

Cat.

P.S. - Don't try to enter as a "Birds Only" muppet, or else Rose D will chuck you in the pond. :yes:

Cat,

**** OFF,

I'm in as well.

Okay, I will tee up a booking shortly.

Below is the list of people who went last year.

Let me know who would like to go - the plan will be to get one of the early out squads on the Saturday.

01. Mungler (Andy)

02. Bagsy (Mark)

03. Markio (Mark)

04. Evil Elvis (Bazza)

05. BTMS (Brian)

06. Martincavie (Martin)

07. Pin (John)

08. Stealth Stalker (Neil)

09. Gary B (Gary)

10. Lefty478 (Matthew)

11. Picture Perfect (Alan)

12. LV (Matt)

13. Derek Digweed aka Trotter (Derek)

14. Broken Man (Carl)

15. Suffolk Shooter (Jamie)

16. Lucky Dave (Dave)

There will be a new dedicated thread shortly, in the meantime please continue to use this one to swing the handbags.

As for my prediction, if I can be 1 bird per stand behind the mighty Cat then I will be extremely chuffed. We can then get our old MOTs, credit card slips and birth certificates out to check the true cost of those extra 20 or 30 targets :D

Mungler,

Defo count me in,

As for my prediction as long as I can beat last years score I will be chuffed, as for catamong I really couldn't care less I don't know quite what it is but I start yawning as soon as I see one of his posts.

I am not sure that I can be *****. The waiting around got me down last year.

If they were a bit more business minded they would have laid on more to do between the morning and the afternoon.

Like what....swings....merrygoround.....magician.....balloon animal making.... :rolleyes:

Count me in..... but not for that swill that cafe served up....how can you screw "toast" up...Hey Bagsy.... your advice required pronto...

Like what....swings....merrygoround.....magician.....balloon animal making.... :thanks:

Count me in..... but not for that swill that cafe served up....how can you screw "toast" up...Hey Bagsy.... your advice required pronto...

I remember that we were all so bored last year that we all typed "GAYLORD" into our phones and texted Bazza. :rolleyes:

I dont need to pay for a day of tedium just to confirm my lack of shooting ability. :beer:

I was in Essex Gun this morning and Neville Jay said that it should run a lot faster this year as there will be two seperate 100 bird layouts. :thanks:

Yes, that's what John Dyson told me at last years event, however, they're also going to take more entries every day, so don't expect to sprint around the course.

If you start at 9.00 a reasonable finish time for the whole 200 birds would be about 2pm.

The CPSA could learn a lot about how to run a successful squadded shoot from this event, they even got more entries last year than the British Open. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they will limit the squad size to 6 people, any more than that and squads behind will start to back up.

It should be a goodun..!! :beer:

Cat