How do you take the primer out

DomM

Put a drop of WD40 on it. It will kill the primer stone dead.

Unless you apply the oil to the inside/exposed side of the primer this will not work. Oil on the outside of a round/primer is very very unlikely to reduce the primers effectiveness.

Edited by Tiff-BBS

I don't get why you'd want a primerless shotgun cartridge sat on top of your stick... Just shoot it, Simple.

I can just picture him trying to tap it out with a hammer and a screwdriver in the living room whilst the missus is watching Coronation Street. An almighty bang goes off and he has a face that's black with soot. :P:good:

Edited by harfordwmj

Over the years I have deprimed thousands of live cases with my machine which will do 500 per hour if needed. If you want to deprime quite a few then buy a Lee Loadall which has a depriming station for spent primers but will also do live primers without a problem. It is better if pressed out rather than tapped out. I you want a few PM me with your needs and I will do them for you or if you want an unfired case with spent prime I can do that for you.

On the other hand if you want a case without primer sit case on raised area with room for primer to fall through place a long bolt over primer and tap out with a hammer.

Gerry

thanks for everyones comments. i just wanted to no wether it was possible. im not going to try taking it out for the fear of it blowing up in my face :P i didnt think it would be safe so im just going to wait. its a gawgeuos stick that the basc gave me after a day of simulatored game shooting :good: it has antler on the top and is nicely finished. i just need something to finish the end of it now.