What bike you got ??

old rooster

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSX600F :/

Best buy i have had on Bikes. Lost my GPZ400R and my CB500 to crazy cage drivers :D After spending loads on EACH bike some **** decides i will try and get out here before this cyclist (SMACK) a sore neck and wrist first time and (BOSH) sore feet and knees the second time. Oh and they were both write offs :lol: This time i ain't spent nothing on this bike in the hope it may not jinx it ???:D:D

Lord Geordie

Got none now sold my last bike a couple of years ago (as you get older you dont bounce so well?) my Ex list

NSU quickly

Raliegh runabout (useless if it rained) belt slipped

bantam d5 ex post office

triumph tiger cub (rocket engine in a putty like frame!!)

lambreta s200 no anorack though!

kawasaki h500 triple (widow maker)

yamaha rd 350 lost its timing and burnt a piston out every 50 miles or so

honda 250 superdream

honda 750 k1 four

honda goldwing (mk1 version) no fairing etc

laverda 1200 jota (it tried to kill me)

BMW 90/6 beautifull bike wish I still had it (reg lug 4p) anyone see it would buy it back tommorrow.just to look at it

BMW r100rs again loved it

also had at the same time my lovingly restored !!

Royal Enfield 1948 model G 350 single guaranteed to break your ankle at least once a year when starting it!!

all now gone not interested anymore (unless!) most modern bikes are clones all look alike can never tell what it is before it gets to you etc plus with the traffic today and tossing camera's everywhere reckon I would no longer enjoy it.

cheers keith

My last bike was the Montessa Cota 315R Trials bike.

What a machine, I wish I had it now as I would'nt mind taking all my shooting kit to them fields that nearly give you a heart attack getting too.

Had some great days out but give it up after I put the handle bar into my groin climbing out of a river embankment, ouch it hurt. :/

Always wanted a road bike but Im convinced I would be dead within a few months so never bothered.

The PM

awaiting delivery of an sv 1000,half faired with panels from a gsxr.

my brother has a ducati 996 that he hates (muppet commutes on it) so will look to do a swap as soon as poss.toyed with getting a 400 but like the sv styling.

karl,a mate of mine has the same bike as you,got more torque than a train.rode it and found my arms were five inches longer when i got off.scared the hell out of me when i tried to put the stand down. :*)

Got none now sold my last bike a couple of years ago (as you get older you dont bounce so well?) my Ex list

NSU quickly

Raliegh runabout (useless if it rained) belt slipped

bantam d5 ex post office

triumph tiger cub (rocket engine in a putty like frame!!)

lambreta s200 no anorack though!

kawasaki h500 triple (widow maker)

yamaha rd 350 lost its timing and burnt a piston out every 50 miles or so

honda 250 superdream

honda 750 k1 four

honda goldwing (mk1 version) no fairing etc

laverda 1200 jota (it tried to kill me)

BMW 90/6 beautifull bike wish I still had it (reg lug 4p) anyone see it would buy it back tommorrow.just to look at it

BMW r100rs again loved it

also had at the same time my lovingly restored !!

Royal Enfield 1948 model G 350 single guaranteed to break your ankle at least once a year when starting it!!

all now gone not interested anymore (unless!) most modern bikes are clones all look alike can never tell what it is before it gets to you etc plus with the traffic today and tossing camera's everywhere reckon I would no longer enjoy it.

cheers keith

Kdubya,

The widow maker was the Kawasaki H2 750

The Laverda jota was a 1000, you had a Mirage a much saner bike.

Pity you never got hold of the Yamaha 350 LC, lost my licence on one, TWICE.

Lost my bottle after two years on a Suzuki 1100 Gixer. :*)

LB :devil:

lurcherboy, my jota was a 1200?t reg 1979. sure they did a mirage in 1200 "formula" but the jota had a number of variations from the 1000 to the 1200 "america" and the 120 etc was a beast of a bike when all pots were "together" but the frame was not designed for the power it was lethal!! my kwacker 500 was another pig, my 350yammy was the rd "a"

cheers keith

lurcherboy, my jota was a 1200?t reg 1979. sure they did a mirage in 1200 "formula" but the jota had a number of variations  from the 1000 to the 1200 "america" and the 120 etc was a beast of a bike when all pots were "together" but the frame was not designed for the power it was lethal!! my kwacker 500 was another pig, my 350yammy was the rd "a"

cheers keith

I stand corrected then Kdubya.

Did you ever get your legover the h2. AWESOME with the swingarm bending on the throttle, brings a shiver to me still :D

LB :thumbs:

Did you ever get your legover the h2. AWESOME with the swingarm bending on the throttle, brings a shiver to me still

no but I did get to ride a mates susie gt 750 kettle the one with the roll tube instruments (r5) i think worth a bloody fortune now but at the time I thought it "horrible"

cheers Keith

It was going on the back of my cousins RD350YPVS as a nipper that gave me the bug for bikes.

Had a go on a GSXR 1k now that is a beast with sharp teath, just waiting to savage you if you dont treat it right. Oh and the mad man who lent it to me had droped two teath from the front sprocket so it hoisted the front with even more ease, as if it needed it!!

Dave

looks like we turning into MCN. still give it a few years and we all be able to exchange shooting times for what bike. what is happening to field sports. cant you write letters to your MP's instead it would be of more use to this site. but that 900 hornet all right though.

looks like we turning into MCN. still give it a few years and we all be able to exchange shooting times for what bike. what is happening to field sports. cant you write letters to your MP's instead it would be of more use to this site. but that 900 hornet all right though.

Sorry you feel that way about the topic, it is in the "General Banter" section and did get e few positive replies.

We've a long way to descend before getting like MCN !!!