Cammo nets.....

Deako

Sorry to dredge this one back up, but having just studied the eye in bio, i have found out that the bird actually can see the greatest range of colour than any other land animal. It can see 100s more hues of colours than we can. Maby they can tell the ripeness of corn from high abouve when we have to get very close to inspect it.

They most definatly can see orange, so i think that they just dont see it as a problem, they maby have associated Advantage Timber with death! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Although commo is a valuable reasorce in the field as soon as you move prey will be allerted to your presance. Practice standing still, making as little noise as poss, shallow breathing and listening to all background noise.

One usefull tip is to use your periferal vision, it picks up movement better. I once shot a pigeon from 2 meters by scattering seed on the ground and standing stock still next to a tree with my air rifle at my side, I was wearing biege trousers and a dk blue jumper (no cammo) :lol: Remember "keep very still use all your senses"

Although commo is a valuable reasorce in the field as soon as you move prey will be allerted to your presance. Practice standing still, making as little noise as poss, shallow breathing and listening to all background noise.

One usefull tip is to use your periferal vision, it picks up movement better. I once shot a pigeon from 2 meters by scattering seed on the ground and standing stock still next to a tree with my air rifle at my side, I was wearing biege trousers and a dk blue jumper (no cammo) :lol: Remember "keep very still use all your senses"

You are not a born hunter. You must learn like everything else

I went rabbiting with the airgun on Friday. I brought a shooting stick with me and sat downwind on it against the hedgerow, waering a blue barbour, jeans, wellies and cap (no cammo). I just waited without moving for a few minutes and a bunny hopped out about 5 yards in front of me, stopped, and hopped again, oblivious to my presence, then POW, and before you could say "bunny rabbit" it was lying on its back kicking the air. I retrieved it and waited again, an another bunny popped out further up, which soon went to join the first. I went on like this until I ran out of time and accounted for four of them.

I think its a "confidence" thing. :lol:

We have all heard about the experiments, with orange roadworks mesh hides, the pigeons weren,t scared off.

We know that the best "bird scarers", have movement.

We read that pigeons can,t see colour, only shades.

Etc. etc.

But, I still put on a cammo suit and get in my cammo hide.

It makes me feel confident.

I am probably a perfect case for brainwashing. :lol:

I am probably a perfect case for brainwashing. :lol:

:lol: The same here Cranfield, i wouldnt dream of going into the field without the full gear on and nets up etc.

The times that birds have come in though when i am packing up and the net is down and i am standing there in full view of them.

I still shoot in my Barbour jacket of green skeet vest and shirtsleeves and a flat cap or wide brimmed hat. It seems to serve me well and if you stay still until the last moment it doesn't seem a problem. :lol:

Some of the cammo stuff is designed to catch the hunter rather than the hunted! I saw a webpage yesterday selling cammo underpants :lol::lol:

If I needed cammo pants to hide me then hunting pigeons would be the last thing on my mind :lol::lol::):)

Cranners.... You are feeling very sleepy, very sleepy, very sleepy...........

Brainwashed! Never :lol:;):P:lol::lol: