gamebore wild game

Gamebore seem to regularly bring out cartridges and then change them, rename them , etc.

I recently bought 3000 Super Game Extreme, 30gm, No6 felt wad, as shown on their website, but mine are not the high brass red case ones that I bought before.

These are low brass with blue cases (however, the rest of the spec and the outer box are exactly the same).

Even their Clear Pigeon isn't "clear" anymore.

All very strange, but they do make exceedingly good cartridges. :lol:

I got some Super Game Extreme 30g #6 from the local rfd, and these are also the low brass blue cases. I have only shot half a dozen so far, they seem pretty punchy but had I actually hit something with them I would be able to tell better just how hard they hit! :)

I have one box of 36 #5 too, but those are plastic wad (I forgot to look when I bought).

well ive just been to the gun shop and come back with 250 gamebore pure gold.never had these before but they are part of the signature series same as the super game extreme so should be good.

the wild game looked cheap and nasty to me.

Tried a few boxes of the wild game 32g 6's. Just the job but they are cheap end.They are a bit like the old Clear Pigeon in appearance but with green lettering and I think the powder is different.

Nelson's of Norwich are knocking 'em out at £164 a thousand.

wildgame.jpg

Edited by Whitebridges

where did they get those boxes from? 1980? :lol:

They do look like clear pigeon though except with green writing :lol:

:lol: the boxes are crep, but go in the bin anyway. For posh boxes add another 20 shekels (local Norfolk currency) per thou . Personally I like a posh box now un agin! Don't we all. :oops:

Edited by Whitebridges

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Wild game are the same as clear pigeon, We I brought a load couple of years back I was told there were made for USA market, but we're not all sold. My local supplier brought the left over lot. There are still made but now with 65mm shell and a green coloured and differerent box, priced at around £190 a thousand.

They were originally made for scandinavian market but cancelled at the last moment so allowed in to the uk market they proved popular because of the price so they continued to market them, powder and wad was different to Clear pigeon but damn good value, the trouble is they use to be 70mm but the last lot were poxy 65mm so no good for an auto, Clarkes of Walsham-Le-Willows sells local to me near Bury St Edmunds.

I use to use these before they run out then went exclusively to Clear Pigeon.

Alan

• 4 years later...

gamebore wild game are made for clarks of walsham i bought 2 slabs on saturday they are actually clear pigeon same batch code on the brown box as the clear pigeon as i have both only the wild game are a clear light blue case instead of the black case of the clear pigeon and a lot cheaper they had thousands :good: