proper cartridges

Went to Bywell yesterday , bought myself some Proper cartridge company , proper pigeon 30g no 5.5 @ £164 per thousand. I hope to be out this weekend so will post a report on how they perform .

I also got some maionchi prima @ £140 per thousand , and they do stop pigeons :lol:

I'm a big fan of proper cartridges. If you open one up you'll find they're made of top quality parts. Ive been using the Ultimate High Performance Game 32gm 5's over the last season and they are top notch. I allways used RC SIPE before that but i wanted to get away from yellow cases. The Ultimates are about £30 cheaper and,dare i say it, perform even better than the Sipes.

P.s, Bywell stock the Ultimates but they aren't on the website for some reason. You can also buy direct.

Got some Proper Pigeons on the way so interested to see how they go. Didn't realise there was a 32g #5, are there any others which aren't on the Bywell site?

Fibre wads in the not too distant future so its looking good.

I know the Ultimates come in 34gm 5's aswell as i've used them. Think they also come in 30gm and other shot sizes although i may be wrong. If he starts loading fibre wads i hope they are as good as his plastic loads.

You'll be impressed with his pigeon load i'm sure. He could do with up-dating his website to show his range of cartridges.

I have been using proper pigeon for a while now, I get them direct from george ( the maker) I wont now use any other

oh and yes they knock down pheasant very well indeed!

KW

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Went to Bywell yesterday , bought myself some Proper cartridge company , proper pigeon 30g no 5.5 @ £164 per thousand. I hope to be out this weekend so will post a report on how they perform .

I also got some maionchi prima @ £140 per thousand , and they do stop pigeons :good:

Are these the 7 1/2 28g? if so then a mate got me some for that price. i had a go with them yesterday and as all my shooting of pigeons is within 35yrds i was well happy with the way the birds just dusted. might have to go back to 6's thought as there's not a lot left for the game dealer but at the moment with very few birds being picked up due to crop damage prevention then happy to carry on for a while with the Prima's

Phil

Funnily enough i was talking about these cart last week in planty's at Northallerton,

he says he will not stock them as they are not passed by the proof house and if anything happened he could be held libel...

I've just looked on a box and he's right. No proof mark on the box! I've used afew thou of his game loads and found them very good but it does make you think. Does that make them illegal to sell? I used to use Sipes or Supremes but you've got me thinking now!

I've just looked on a box and he's right. No proof mark on the box! I've used afew thou of his game loads and found them very good but it does make you think. Does that make them illegal to sell? I used to use Sipes or Supremes but you've got me thinking now!

suppose just makes them 'home loads' ..... but saying that there is nothing wrong with homeloading :)

Ok, this I find a little strange.

I go on this 'Proper Cartridge' website hoping to find a price list.. to no avail, so I google his telephone number and... http://www.carryboy.info/display.php?pageid=5 appears, the bloke also sells Vehicle canopys for the back of Utility trucks..

looks like got 2 business's ... cant see the carts making him a great deal