merged "We have been infiltrated.." threads

mdc124

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I opened it. Just run my virus scanner to recheck, but seems to be ok. Its just some scumbag that has infiltrated the site, hacked into the members database and spammed everyone.

These things are just a reminder to the admin that security needs to be tightened to stop people hacking into members lists.

Welcome to your messenger

From Administrator

Personal Message

jurdreda

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts From Administrator, Today, 08:12 AM

Newbie Pigeon Shooter

Group: Members

Member No.: 16618

do not click the link

THIS IS THE TOPIC

Important! New Forum Rules!

CLICK THE LINK AND IT GOES TO

############

if goes to a canadian healfcare site selling drugs for men

looks like the site has been compromised, probably a sql injection attack.

whoever maintains the board probably just needs to apply the latest security patches.

luckily it's just a dodgy PM for now - they coukd have spammed the board up, deleted posts/users etc or worse...

looks like the site has been compromised, probably a sql injection attack.

whoever maintains the board probably just needs to apply the latest security patches.

luckily it's just a dodgy PM for now - they coukd have spammed the board up, deleted posts/users etc or worse.

Definatly not a good idea to open! its a russian based spammer and the program running along side the advert is a possible trojan virus but its nothing new and even windows firewall on vista stops it although if you are running xp or older you might have problems it seems the xrumer software for spamming forums has just been updated

I hope you know you cant just delete the member account and hope it goes away. They have found a back door in either in the database or script which you need to close. Lately there has been a huge increase in forums hackers who hack the database and post the information online which will include email addresses, passwords, names etc.

I suggest you contact your host and ask them to look through the system logs related to your account, you also need to have a look through your DB and script even better (if you don't know what to do) hire an admin who will clear/close the backdoor.

I dont want my personal information sold, neither do other members here.

He's done it on the hunting life site too. I am a dimwit and didn't check it out and just cliked on the link :hmm: . Only excuse is too much wine last night. Fortunately my firewall didn't let it open :good::P

Still, it was nice wine!