Skeet/Shooting Vest

notsosureshot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest, what is it with the 4 safety pins anyhow? I don't get it. :oops::lol:

On the largest and most prestigious shoots you get a A4 sized 'number plate' and 4 saftey pins to attach it to the lower rear of your vest. Once the shoot is over, the gun will remove the number, but leave the pins as a tell tale of where/what he/she has been doing.

Edited by Peter De La Mare

On the largest and most prestigious shoots you get a A4 sized 'number plate' and 4 saftey pins to attach it to the lower rear of your vest. Once the shoot is over, the gun will remove the number, but leave the pins as a tell tale of where/what he/she has been doing.

Unless said shoot is run by the CPSA and then you have to supply your own safety pins.

Unless said shoot is run by the CPSA and then you have to supply your own safety pins.

We asked a bloke at Catton Hall once, why his vest was encrusted with safety pins. (We knew why really, we were just being horrible).

He said it was because they never had any safety pins and just gave you this huge number plate and expected you to stick it somewhere :lol:

. . . just thought of a number 6)

Have a white line drawn across your vest, that says "I normally shot FITASC, a real mans discipline, not this girlie gun up sporting stuff"

I should add, I wear a skeet vest for clays if it is too hot for a coat as they are very practical, but I don't have safety pins or a white line on mine.

One answer to the back pocket question, a mate of mine stuffs 3 boxes of cartridges in his and tries to get the rest in his front pockets, always has done probably always will do. He seems to feel the same way about a cartridge bags as some people do about skeet vests - weirdo :lol:

Seems like your mate has some real issues he needs to address. Mine doesn't have a really big back pocket :lol:

Does anyone have a sewing pattern for this so I can sew one in before my next shoot? And where abouts on the back does it go? Top? Bottom? Left? Right?

Or maybe it's just to hang a hankie out of to indicate your preferred style?