apbuild

How do you see the result?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How do you see the result?

• Labour to win.
    • Tories to win.
    • Other party to win.
    • Couldn't give a toss.

Interest rates went bonkers because of the ERM and previous shadowing of the DM. This is unlikely to be repeated mostly because the rates are set by the Bank of England not Gordon Brown. GB took a gamble handing over this power because he is unable to fiddle with the rates as it suits him. On the other hand if things go tits up he can claim it isn't his fault.

The danger would be if TB decided to push for the Euro, however I don't think that is on the radar for the forseable future unless the EU constitution is ratified. The Constitution states that the currency of the EU will be the Euro. Federalists claim that Blighty has an opt out/veto whatever, but this is actually just 'gentleman's agreement'. i.e. nowt stopping a change of heart regardless of any referendum; which is in any case not legally binding.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any country with its own oil supply would have a strong economy regardless of the political party in power.

See how strong we are in a very few years time after the North sea oil has been exhausted and its revenue wasted by all the do gooders in power at the moment.

Where will the money come from then to offer every Tom,**** and Harry in the world a free home and income to live on? :lol:

I hope you dont mind the quote Ern ,but no truer words ,give it a few years and see the difference, "OIL" the maker and breaker of powers,where do you see yourselves in around 10 years when Chinas oil requirements exceed the worlds total output?? .

if any of you have a little time on your hands read a book called

"ITS THE CRUDE DUDE" author Linda McQuaig ,you want to see how the world dictates power through oil ,its an eye opener,also shows what a plank that labour **** tony(billy) b-liar is .

Martin

I think that its going to be close, personally I recon the Labour are going to get in again as people seem too stuck in their ways or feel that they should get us out of the mess they got us in to. IMHO thats the only reason that Bush got back in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, this is my first post!

I think the outcome on the general election will be a labour victory - not to say I will be voting for them. I believe this will be the case because they have a huge majority in parliament that will be very difficult to overcome. The way in which the voting system works to is biased towards established political parties.

I think the commies will get one more term b4 they totaly knacker the country and the remainder weak up and smell the comunist coffee.

Dave

Not sure this lot really fall into the traditional "commie" camp. The one thing that really annoys me with all the parties is their commitment to tax high earners more heavilly. We need people who will generate high incomes as invariably they promote employment and general wealth for others.

I have my own business and indirectly employ about 30 people who do contract work for me. Other businesses have started up and are flourishing as a direct result of my contracts. I've now reached the point where I'm not interested in making more income or expanding as it is all so highly taxed, I'd rather bumble along as I am and enjoy the time I have to go out shooting and fishing. If there was more incentive to make more money I could employ another 30 people perhaps by investing again in more business. Since starting my own business I've had NO help whatsover from the government, on the contrary they allow us to get swamped by EC led regulations that make it more and more difficult to succeed and be competitive. They've wanted a great chunk of tax from day one though but without taking any of the investment risks I've had to.

Sorry, ranting on again, will sign off now and go out for a spin on the bike while the weather is nice. :lol:

Unfortunately, Old Rooster, when you are in business you have tiger by the tail.

If you don't keep expanding, you get overtaken, of find you would be better off working for somebody else. You just can't stand still. That's the case in most lines of work.

Absolutely not he is a very bright guy 100% pro hunt he was to young and did not have the correct immage being a young bald man. If he was an old bald man that would be a differant matter. He is a damn site sharper than Michael Howard. I think he has a massive amount of potential.

In what way was he a complete *****?

Dave

Edited by Devilishdave

Guest flightline
I think unfortunately that willium hague had his time too soon.

I assume you are joking or have been drinking mate... :lol:

The guy was a complete ******. He was the greatest political ally the Labour party ever had!!!

You couldn`t be more wrong-Hague is terrific but JC himself would not have got elected in 97 if he`d stood as a Tory, which of course he is.

Bear in mind that Mike is a self-confessed Guardian reader lads - gotta make allowances!

WM had some huge flaws, he was:

bald

a yorkshireman

infamously tory boy from that conference

He was, and remains, tremendously able but those 'flaws' knackered him in the eyes of the metropolitan, southern-centric media.

Bear in mind that Mike is a self-confessed Guardian reader lads - gotta make allowances!

WM had some huge flaws, he was:

bald

a yorkshireman

infamously tory boy from that conference

He was, and remains, tremendously able but those 'flaws' knackered him in the eyes of the metropolitan, southern-centric media.

:lol::lol::lol:

I love politics.....

Besides, your chips always taste better from the Guardian than they do from the Sun.... :shoot::shoot::P

Hague like Major before him was installed as party leader as a damage limitation exercise when the cause was lost... both of them purely staunch Thatcherites. Now if Heseltine had been elected leader rather than Major we might still have a Conservative Government and I might be able to legally Hunt at the weekend....

We shall never Know...

I like to look at the big picture, what is best for me and my family, in terms of Crime Prevention, Economy, Healthcare, and Immigration Control in that order, shooting, fishing, and hunting are dear to me obviously, but they are not a top priority when it comes to choosing a new Government. Shooting isnt a real concern on any parties manifesto, but gun related crime obviously is. Our strength will come from unity through properly organised and administered organisations like the BASC and CA. So if you want your vote to really count join today.

When that Government is elected, whatever political colour it may be, then is the time to lobby through the shooting organisations, BASC, CA and the like to safeguard our sport.

Personally I think it will be very close call, possibly even a coalition..

FM.

Now if Heseltine had been elected leader rather than Major we might still have a Conservative Government and I might be able to legally Hunt at the weekend....

We shall never Know...

Domestic laws can be changed in the future, hopefully.

My main concern is the European problem. If Labour, the LibDems and Heseltine get their way, there will be no way back!

I wouldnt vote libdem because of their stance on the EU among other things.

I'm not voting Green because they want to ban semi-autos, pumps, big bore, big calibre guns and toughen up the licencing system for all other guns they would let you have. They justify this by saying that the way to tackle gun crime is by tightening gun control on legal shooting activities. Their manifesto here

I'm not voting newLabour because of the Iraq war. I think it highlights Bliar's competence and I just wouldnt vote for them anyway because I believe they waste too much public money on stupid things like the Dome and fund it by introducing lots of stealth TAXs like Speed Cameras.

:rolleyes: I dont know

Edited by The_Craws

Country sports – shooting and angling

Labour will modernise the outdated game

and licensing laws. A Labour Government

will work with the relevant bodies to

ensure that country sports are protected

while ensuring high standards of

environmental protection, animal welfare

and safety. Building on our continuing

support for angling, we recognise the

potential of angling – particularly for

engaging young people in constructive

activities. Labour will modernise laws

to continue to improve salmon and

freshwater fisheries, and improve the

management of our inshore waters for

the benefit of sea anglers.

Modernise game and licencing laws? Looks to me as if theyre going to tighten them up. Maybe compulsory training for would be licence holders?

They recognise the potential of angling but no mention of shooting. I'm skeptical when it comes to newLabours policies especially on the run up to an election.

now i know this is going to make me sound a dumb *** but i don't know who to vote for as i despise them all equally,it doesn't make any difference who is the next prime minister or from whichever political party he comes,they will all shaft me in unimagineable ways that make me want to cry in frustration and i will be unable to do anything about it,each and everyone of them will lie to me do their utmost to steal every penny i ever earn and infringe my civil liberties by banning partially or fully any pastime that i enjoy be that shooting/fishing/smoking/drinking or even driving my own car,i want to start a revolution but i'll probably just get up and go to work tomorrow the same as i do every monday :rolleyes:

am i starting to sound a little bitter?

you're correct martin i am sounding like a defeatist but i will definitely vote if only to give me the right to complain about them later :D but this time i just don't know who to vote for, i've always been a labour voter even if it was only because they were less bad than the others but this time around i dislike them all equally . :o .

i don't know why but i used to carefully consider each parties policies and weigh up the pros and cons before i made a desicion but as im getting a bit older i make the choice on how much i like and trust the said mp :rolleyes: , i don't know if i'm just getting lazy in my old age (not old only 36) or if i'm just getting better at reading people , reading between the lines and picking the bones out of what they are really saying. the only thing i can say with any certainty is that whoever gets in will lie to me , steal from me , and do anything else to me that they feel may get them a few extra votes and expect me to take it with a smile on my face. :D

edited to add ,i used to think tony b liar was a good honest man that had the best interests of his fellow countrymen at heart :<

DO I NEED A SMACK IN THE GOB OR WHAT

Edited by mel b3

Are you saddle-bound hunters just waiting until

The last flash of scarlet has gone from the hill?

When the last horn has sounded, the last hound has cried,

Will you wait till the echo has finally died?

Standing all in a line will you shooters just wait

For the end of your sport in a Commons debate?

Will you wait till the moors and the coverts are bare,

Until only the magpies and crows take the air?

Can it be that you fishermen don't give a jot?

If your fishing's allowed to continue or not?

Will you wait ‘till its prison or maybe a fine,

When you're seen catching tiddlers or casting a line?

If you run with the beagles or fishing's your fun,

If you course with a whippet or shoot with a gun

If you hunt from a car, on your feet, or are mounted,

For God's sake, don't sit there - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!