Americans?

LeeinVA

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biscuits n gravy, can you dunk the biscuits in your tea

Yes, but it would make a right mess. They're not the dunking kind.

Last Sunday the Mrs. and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and I had the Farmer's Special:

Two Eggs

Hash Brown Casserole

Southern Fried Steak

Biscuits and Gravy

Grits

I encourage all of you to try biscuits and gravy. You folks seem to use a lot of sausage and the gravy has sausage in it. Follow Lee's advice on a recipe though.

Funny, as I type this I'm sipping a can of Strongbow that I found at the local 6 pack store. I bought it based on recommendations made here on PW. I'm halfway through a can and I'm liking it a a lot.

My little lad wants one of them US. digi desert Baseball Caps as he collects them, though I can NOT find one with the peak at the back, and this is the only type he wears. I have looked everywhere for one.

hey dude send me a PM with a picture.. Perhaps in the not so distant future i can hook your boy up with a USMC cover :look:

You are welcome.. Of course Jim and I may not always agree, but so long as you know the South was right is all that should matter :cry1:

Lee

Please I dont want to be responsible for starting another war, all I am know/saying is you both have your views and in your own eyes you think you are both right. Phew ! :look:

Lee

Please I dont want to be responsible for starting another war, all I am know/saying is you both have your views and in your own eyes you think you are both right. Phew ! :look:

Its alright Mrs. Jan.. There was a little battle fought not too far from where Jim lives.. A pretty little place called Gettysburg.. It was there, in Pennsylvania that the Yanks gave us our greatest defeat. I think you should watch the movie by that name.. Stars Tom Barringer, and Jeff daniels, and an English feller :cry1: Dont recall his name though.. That my dear shall give you a 3.5 hour overview of what it was like..

Its alright Mrs. Jan.. There was a little battle fought not too far from where Jim lives.. A pretty little place called Gettysburg.. It was there, in Pennsylvania that the Yanks gave us our greatest defeat. I think you should watch the movie by that name.. Stars Tom Barringer, and Jeff daniels, and an English feller :look: Dont recall his name though.. That my dear shall give you a 3.5 hour overview of what it was like..

I agree with Lee, the film is well worth watching. It's about 2-3 hours from me and I've visited a few time. It's truly hallowed ground. 51,000 lay dead after 3 days of fighting. The enormity of what the men on both sides did on those three summer days in July 1863 is unbelievable.

Lee

No worries Jan, in fact if anything ever did start up again, I'm heading south! Folks in the north are too citified and soft, we'd get routed right quick.

No worries Jan, in fact if anything ever did start up again, I'm heading south! Folks in the north are too citified and soft, we'd get routed right quick.

YEEEEAAAAHHHAAAWWWW!! And HELL YEAH JIM!! That is what i am talking about :look: And i can list a whole pile of lads here that would join for the fun of it..

I came back from florida last night and hand on heart i was blown away by the culture every one was so polite and friendly there was hundreds of powerful bikes and cars yet nobody was messing about, when it rainned hard every one slowed down and drove to the conditions, were as in england give some one a fast car and they feel the need to try and climb a tree in it, even when you go to an amusement park they thank british service men and woman for there efforts before the shows, not to mention the amount of the english flags they had flying all over the place.

you can tell who has visited America, and who has not. All this "Americans are ****" attitude is from folk who cant spell passport.

you can tell who has visited America, and who has not. All this "Americans are ****" attitude is from folk who cant spell passport.

The only problem is, (not saying I disagree) Is that a large amount of people here are steryotyping americans to the people you find in flordia.

I mean, It's the opposite of if you had a Yank visit, Manchester, and then sum up all british people from that.

There are some seriously strange (and even dangerous) places in the states, and some right ***** from places such as Jesery, Manhattan, Oakland, LA, etc.

Lee am really wanting to try this buiscuts and gravey thing but am coming to the conclusion that you guys must have some serious gunk in the sausages over there as when i cook a couple of sausages theres not much come out of them at all, normally just the oil iv fryed them in ! Should i be looking for some pork fat / dripping ? :good:

Talking of american hats, Since watching Full Metal Jacket (despite it partly being filmed in bristol UK) at the age of 13 I for years desperatley wanted a hat like Gunnery SGT Heartmans ! :P

Lee am really wanting to try this buiscuts and gravey thing but am coming to the conclusion that you guys must have some serious gunk in the sausages over there as when i cook a couple of sausages theres not much come out of them at all, normally just the oil iv fryed them in ! Should i be looking for some pork fat / dripping ? :good:

Talking of american hats, Since watching Full Metal Jacket (despite it partly being filmed in bristol UK) at the age of 13 I for years desperatley wanted a hat like Gunnery SGT Heartmans ! :P

I think American sausage is flat slabs of sausage meat without skins. I may be wrong, but I think that's what they use, so the fat comes out quite readily :good:

I agree with Lee, the film is well worth watching. It's about 2-3 hours from me and I've visited a few time. It's truly hallowed ground. 51,000 lay dead after 3 days of fighting. The enormity of what the men on both sides did on those three summer days in July 1863 is unbelievable.

I agree, great film. From the book Killer Angels by Michael Shaara :P

Some of the acting is a bit overdone, especially the bloke who plays General Armistead :good: . He gets on my tits.

When he gets mortally wounded and he's told that Hancock is also down....."Not Winny....Not both of us....not....all of us" :P

Then there's the bloke who looks like Richard Branson, who plays Pickett. When the battle starts, he gets on his horse and keeps riding round in a circle and stopping. He shouts out "Daaaaam-nation" and rides round in a circle again and repeats the whole process "Daaaaaaam-nation". Then a shell lands nearby and blows him off his horse and he lands on his barnet. "Daaaaaaam-nation" :lol: :lol: :lol: Bit like modern generals actually :P

Watched it loads of times. Also Gods & Generals - similar thing.

I enjoyed Cold Mountain too, but that might have more to do with the fact that I have a thing about Nicole Kidman :lol:

And the movie Glory as well, about the black Massachsetts regiment storming Battery Wagner in Carolina :good:

Edited by Chard

What you need to do is buy a pound or two of fresh ground Pork. Season to taste, of course.. You wont get much from a sausage. And we call those campaign hats and were worn by the US dough boys. I call them 'round browns, as they are worm by our Drill sergeants and drill instructors.

And we call those campaign hats and were worn by the US dough boys. I call them 'round browns, as they are worm by our Drill sergeants and drill instructors.

Also worn by the Royal Mounted Police in Canada I just happen to have a brand new mint unnisued one in my cupboard a stunning bit of kit

Damn yanks what was it they said; over sexed, over paid and over here! Nothings changed...Come on here and steal our forum! :P

Lee your thread must take the Guiness Book of Records for the longest thread on PW and I don’t guess it’s over yet. Hope you're satisfied! :good: