My AA classification in Skeet...

Well, that was an eye opener :lol:

AA class is 96.6% and above. So in a 100 bird registered competition you can loose 3 birds, so I planned 24,24,24,25 which I've done in practice spread out over the last few months, though only 1 round at a time.

Round 1 I was straight upto stand 6, where somehow I missed the high bird on the pair. Ok I thought, I'd have liked to get the straight out of the way first, but a 24 is within the plan. Stand 7 smoked the low house, and again somehow missed the high house which in the past has been unmissable!! :oops::yes: Ended on 23.

Incandescent with rage and straight into round 2. Stand 1 straight. Stand 2 totally ballsed it up....utterly.... ended on 21. :lol:

Round 3, exactly the same thing, stand 2 completely tits, 21. :lol:

Round 4, calmed down a little and thought things through a bit more and ended on 24, dropped the stand 4 low bird single.

89/100 and class C. C standing for Cabbage.

Not as easy as it looks, this Skeet malarky! :bye2::good:

Bigweed had a similar story. Has shot it straight twice recently in practice. In the registered though, made similar mistakes to me, ended on 88.

Very frustrating indeed - went there with a 94 in mind --- uh uh

Practice round with PDLM i hit a 23 so looked possible.

In the registered, I went 22, 23, 22, and then a 21 to finish - pathetic, dropped the high house on the pair on stand 1 (1st time i'd done that which played on me for the next 2 stands), the low single on stand 2 and missed both on 3 but managed to pull it back a bit with nothing more dropped from 4 to 7 - if only I'd done that from the start.

Till next time

Edited by Bigweed

Well, I've lost count of the number of times I've said it on this forum, but if you want to be a good Sporting shot, shoot plenty of Skeet as practice, that way you'll mop up all of the "easy" ones and will only have to worry about the "hard" ones..!! :yes:

Cat.

I thought you guys had only been shooting 6 months or a year or so, and you want to be world beaters.

Enjoy your shooting might be a better idea :good:

yup, started just over 7 months ago and was soon hitting 20s in skeet - just looking to do better all the time but regardless of scores, i still enjoy it every time out.

I thought you guys had only been shooting 6 months or a year or so, and you want to be world beaters.

Enjoy your shooting might be a better idea :cry1:

:good:

I think you may be taking my post too seriously! :good: It's all social, entertainment, and a fresh outlet for my **** jokes for me, with a slight competitive streak, of course.

Are you still claiming the "Daddy" title Pete? You do still deserve it and, as such, I wish you a happy father's day.

Of course, you should be out there practicing right now and not get this till later, otherwise you are just not showing commitment.

Where were you shooting the Registered Skeet Pete?

Kingsferry, which is Isle of Shippey. I must stop calling it Isle of ****tey as it actually seems like a pleasant place. The club is very friendly indeed :oops: 40p for a cup of tea that actually comes to you as a fully finished cup of tea and not a DIY cup of hot water and tea bag. :lol::lol: You can rock up on alternate Saturday/Sundays and shoot registered or practice, just ask for registered and a ref will do the official bit for you.

The 4 Skeet layouts are really good, the birds are 'proper' skeet targets and everything worked really reliably as well.

There's a lead ban there, which means it's steel only, been like that 10 years apparently. :good:

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Kingsferry, which is Isle of Shippey. I must stop calling it Isle of ****tey as it actually seems like a pleasant place. The club is very friendly indeed :lol: 40p for a cup of tea that actually comes to you as a fully finished cup of tea and not a DIY cup of hot water and tea bag. :lol::D You can rock up on alternate Saturday/Sundays and shoot registered or practice, just ask for registered and a ref will do the official bit for you.

The 4 Skeet layouts are really good, the birds are 'proper' skeet targets and everything worked really reliably as well.

There's a lead ban there, which means it's steel only, been like that 10 years apparently. :oops:

The Isle of Sheppey even :good:

Heathens :D