.17HMR, What price you paying?

Hi all,

just wondering what price are you paying for your .17hmr ammo at the moment?

Went into my RFD yesterday & payed £12.50 a box for 17gr Winchester V-MAX & £13.50 for Hornady 20gr XTP.

The last time i bought some they were £10.00 a box, am i being ripped off?

Cheers,

Terry.

I don't believe they are all loaded by the same company,

Between Remington and Hornady there is a significant difference in the smell. They must have different powder in them. They may well all be loaded under licience from Hornady but I am sure that each Company loads there own.

If they are all loaded by the same company to the same spec then everyone would just by the cheapest as there would be no difference. Then they would be forced to bring the prices down.

sure Sierra load the rems,

tim hannams the other week asked me 15.95 per 50 for hornady, :look: :look:

they did put them back in stock. :hmm:

Seems to be the way the price is going other than the blue tipped hornady stuff.The place i normally get mine from the last time i was in wanted £28 a ton for hornady's and £33 for rems.

Edited by mr smith

I don't believe they are all loaded by the same company,

Between Remington and Hornady there is a significant difference in the smell. They must have different powder in them. They may well all be loaded under licience from Hornady but I am sure that each Company loads there own.

If they are all loaded by the same company to the same spec then everyone would just by the cheapest as there would be no difference. Then they would be forced to bring the prices down.

CCI loads for all the other companys to each companys specifications.Second paragraph.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/compared_17HMR_ammo.htm

Edited by marlin vs

• 2 months later...

i wish i lived the same place as you lot i went to NEATH GUN SHOP LAST MONTH and i payed £16 a box of 50 hornady 17 gr i think i was ripped off wat you lot think I WOULDNT RECCOMEND THAT GUN SHOP TO ANY ONE THET CERTAINLY RIPPED ME OFF is there any one on here from wales if so where you get your ammo and how muck i would really like to know cos im no longer paying these prices the gun will have to go PLEASE LET ME KNOW

thanks

the poacher

Edited by the poacher

Guest topshot_2k
So it doesn't really matter that they're all loaded by CCI, because the recipe is different for each type.

i have used Hornady, Winchester, remington and Federal in my savage and the winchesters give better results :rolleyes: