''Big Cat'' Video.

Bleeh

its a cat but my betting would be a maine coon or similar as its not a panther or puma size, I've seen a cat of similar size close up we had a feral one on the shoot a few years ago really manky thing and was about 4ft nose to tail, keeper did shoot this one so got a close up but it was obviously a domestic cat of sorts which this one clearly is it has long hair for a start which the big cats don't

josh_bud.jpg

Not much in the way of perspective but it doesn't look that big to me. Is it not just a chunky domestic cat? I can well believe 'big' cats are out there but this video just doesn't convince me that's one of them.

I agree, comparing it to the height of the railway lines it doesn't look like a "big cat" as such, more an oversized feral moggy.

Looks like a buzzard to me. opps wrong thread. :yes: A standard gauge railway is 4ft 8 across and he looks shorter than that to me,the tail looks too short for a big cat and I can't believe a big cat would be in a built up area in daylight wandering about without a care in the world so my vote would be a maine coon too.

Not much in the way of perspective but it doesn't look that big to me. Is it not just a chunky domestic cat? I can well believe 'big' cats are out there but this video just doesn't convince me that's one of them.

perhaps if you read all the article all would become clear

"Knowing the width of the rail tracks in Chris's video is 4ft 8.5in, the animal photographed by him is clearly in excess of 4ft and as such is certainly not a domestic cat.

Credible witness, trained in observation and accurate recollection of details, video and still phot evidence and still the sceptics tch :whistling::whistling:

a maine coon though is a "big cat" but might well be called tiddles when its at home but its not likely to eat you. were it a lion or tiger then yes you would have your proof :yes:

Edited by al4x

a maine coon though is a "big cat" but might well be called tiddles when its at home but its not likely to eat you. were it a lion or tiger then yes you would have your proof :yes:

Ah but you are supposing that IF we have an Indiginous big cat species, then because a Lion and a Tiger are man eaters, then ours must be too. I have followed your Maine Coon theory and the cat in the police officer video does not have a bushy tail as Maine coons do

I do have to say though, quoting information gleaned from The Maine Coon website, if a cat in America costs $1000 it would be considerably more here. Now I know that most cat owners are irresponsible and let their pets roam willy nilly killing song birds and crapping in other peoples gardens, but I would have thought an expensive cat like this would not be allowed to roam free. Plus the area in which the film was shot I can't believe anyone would stump up that amount of moolah for a moggy

what other big cat is black?

Well, the Maine coon for one

I'll agree with you, what other cat that is KNOWN, maybe, just maybe, we have an hitherto unknown species. It's not unheard of. OR, the puma/panther hybridised with other species released in the great wildlife and dangerous animals act period and hybridised into a new black species, it's possible

Edited by fullbore

simple answer, which no-one ever seems to think of, is get the guy to stand in the same place he filmed from, put something where he saw the animal (like a wheel barrow so we can compare sizes) then film it again, compare the videos and voila, a wheelbarrow sized cat!! :welcomeani: