******* DISGRACEFUL

mikee

my wife just got off the phone with her friend who lives with one of my best mates, she is absolutely distraught, friday evening she was at home in her kitchen when two Staffordshire bull terriers burst in through the dog flap after his two labs and attacked them both and her whilst trying to protect them, during the attack her cat came home through the flap and was torn to shreds in her kitchen, eventually she managed to fend them off by beating them with an iron, when the police arrived they took a statement and said that as she was only protecting a cat, which as the copper put it " are only vermin anyway" and not herself there was not much they could do, they took the two staffs away and have since returned them to the owner.

she has made a formal complaint and threatened to go to the sun, as this is the same village the sun featured a couple of weeks ago about the missing cats, now we know where they went!

since she has complained and informed that that the national papers will be involved they have phoned several times to apologise about the officers comments but are still not going to destroy the dogs involved, these dogs are notorious in the area and regularly roam the village unmuzzled, a another friend of theirs was in the village pub at the weekend and the chav dog owner was in there bragging about what had happened,

These ******* devil dogs should be taken away and destroyed in front the ares hole owner and then charge him with grievous bodily harm.

when will the government learn that these ******* devil dogs should not be allowed and be listed on the dangerous dogs register.

mikee

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a private prosecution, sue them for the value of the cat and cleaning up and anything else you can, hit them in the pocket is the only way. You can do it in the small claims court, I have to say I wouldn't have given the dogs back they'd have ended up in the slow lane of a motorway under a lorries tyres

get a grip soft lad. Not all staffies are "devil dogs". More cats are killed by lurchers or other terrier types than staffies.

It is this knee jerk reaction that has killed off fox hunting, coursing than anything else. every year at this time, when parliament is in recess and the country has gone on holiday tales like this abound and it does annoy, most awfully, people whose devils dogs would not say boo to a goose. it is called in the press , the silly season for good reason!

If you have a dog, please say which type and I am sure I would be able to find an incident in which the breed reacted irrationally.

My devil dog has been used for years to help disabled children, both mentally and physically bond with animals and only yesterday we took her out with a group of autistic children for a countryside ramble that would not have been possible without the steadying influence of the dog.

JDF

Unfortunately,until the dogs attack a human-the Police wont step in and order their distruction or even press charges.The most they could possibly charge the owner with is having a dog off lead! I went through all this a few years back and was told i'd have to pursue this through the civil courts,but even then theres no guarantee the dogs owner would pay up.

I would in your case contact the tabloids and shame this particular Police force purely because of this officers remark.

Sorry Dave 1969..

staff in general are a very loyal loving breed!!!

But your thought is EXACTLY what the problem is as I see it. California is chest deep in the same exact battle for years. Yes I agree that a dog is molded much like a child, but you cannot deny that the many variations on this breed are fighters in their core.

What you are saying is.... if al the Staffs have good owners, we'll be OK. Well, look around you. You guys call them chaffs, in the US they are usually gangbangers, white trash or worse who own and breed them, some for fighting, some for looking tough and some who think they are going to be the one to raise the perfect pit-bull even though they know naught about training a dog.

We cannot seem to legislate against the owners in a free society, (it is legally simpler to have a baby than get a dog from a pound, in the US at least), yet we continue to make the same mistake in trusting that we will someday make sure these "loveable Staffs" end up in the right hands.

I am very sad and sorry for the family involved in this incident, but I've seen it too many times to think we are on the right track. This breed has to be legally restricted. Interestingly enough, when I brought my dog from California to France, the Staff was on the list of "Non-Importable" along with non-papered Rottwweilers and others.

Obviously, if every one of these dogs was owned and cared for by responsible dog owners, then OK, but that isn't reality.

Just my two cents.

Pete

its the owners who make the dogs like that!!! staff in general are a very loyal loving breed!!! the chavs who own them should be punished!!!!!

ive never seen a staff that wouldnt benefit from an axe in the back of the head, i absolutely hate them, i'm sure there are a few nice ones about but you could probably say that about ******.

maybe the dog licence should be brought back, if you want one you apply like fac and get interviewed and assessed as to what sort of dog you would be allowed to have, how many of these **** ***** would have a poodle if that is all they get granted. WELL MAYBE NOT

As far as i can see dogs were bred to do different things, i have labs for retrieving, my mate has spaniels for flushing game but how many of the ******* chavs own a bull that need controlling. NONE

END OFF

mikee

I always love it when we get the "soft lad" comments there is no need for that whatsoever, the guy has his opinion whether you like it or not! also the I love my dogs, my dogs a good dog bit?

have a mate with a limited function right arm who would put up a very good case against my dog is a good dog? seeing as his well brought up totally in his control dog nearly ripped his arm off one day whilst it was "in a mood" yep nice doggy!

cheers KW

get a grip soft lad...........

It's not about Mikee getting a grip is it Jimdfish? Looks as though you have a good grip on your dawgs. You can't blame the dogs it's the idiot owner(s).

Woeful news Mikee. Sorry to hear this. The owner clearly does not have a clue so the best thing is to try and get something done before they do similar once more.

Edited by Whitebridges

ive never seen a staff that wouldnt benefit from an axe in the back of the head, i absolutely hate them, i'm sure there are a few nice ones about but you could probably say that about ******.

maybe the dog licence should be brought back, if you want one you apply like fac and get interviewed and assessed as to what sort of dog you would be allowed to have, how many of these **** ***** would have a poodle if that is all they get granted. WELL MAYBE NOT

As far as i can see dogs were bred to do different things, i have labs for retrieving, my mate has spaniels for flushing game but how many of the ******* chavs own a bull that need controlling. NONE

END OFF

mikee

END OFF!!!:good:?

i doubt it pal!!!

how many idiots have a fac???

All staffs should go. Passed one last month with its owners when walking the dogs and they had to pick it up,(fair play to them for realising it was aggressive) but the snarling it was doing was unreal! It was just about jumping out of the guys arms!

Theres loads of different dog breeds to chose from and staffs shouldn't be an option...

maybe the dog licence should be brought back, if you want one you apply like fac and get interviewed and assessed as to what sort of dog you would be allowed to have, how many of these **** holes would have a poodle if that is all they get granted. WELL MAYBE NOT

END OFF

mikee

Mikee..... agree ref. licencing. In my opinion, it is too easy to own a dog.... it should be a little more difficult - interviews, licencing, etc.

I know that there would be a cost implication, but I for one would rather shell out for a licence, even if it was an annual licence, in the hope that half the ***** who currently own a dog wouldn't be allowed one, and that there may be a little less mis-treatment of dogs & fewer in our rescues.

The only thing I am pretty sure on though..... is that this current govt wouldn't be able to bring in & manage a system that works! so i suppose it can remain a pipe dream.

I am very sorry to hear what has happened but like all have said here its not the dogs its the owners. But both dogs should be put down and thier owners never allowed to keep dogs again. I used to have a doberman and then a rottie both of which have passed away now through age but the hassel I used to get from people because of their reputation was unreal I personaly loved both breeds they were as soft as a lab and very loyal loveable pets to me and my young family at the time and freinds and anyone else who they met. Its the owners that make a dog nasty all animals can attack someone it's the trained and loved animals that won't. Its a shame the few unwashed chavy / ***** types can ruine it for all.

maybe the dog licence should be brought back, if you want one you apply like fac and get interviewed and assessed as to what sort of dog you would be allowed to have, how many of these **** holes would have a poodle if that is all they get granted. WELL MAYBE NOT

END OFF

mikee

you my friend, are a moron. :good:

you my friend, are a moron. :good:

where do you get off calling me a moron, you do not know me or anything about me, if you dont have a sensible comment to make BUTT OUT, its not compulsory to reply to posts

i think there are enough people with the same view of these dogs for it to be the consensus of opinion not a few delusional nutters

MIKEE

All staffs should go. Passed one last month with its owners when walking the dogs and they had to pick it up,(fair play to them for realising it was aggressive) but the snarling it was doing was unreal! It was just about jumping out of the guys arms!

Theres loads of different dog breeds to chose from and staffs shouldn't be an option...

I walk my spaniel everynight with a friends well trained staff without it showing any aggression towards my dog.Cant deny that staffs are aggressive but totaly agree with Dave1979 that it is a owner issue.

Find Mikees axe in the back of the head a bit harsh :good: but his licence idea is spot on :oops:

me and my mrs have a staffie and would trust her more than any other dog i have ever owned , i have had alsations german shepards labradors king charles a couple of whippets and my staffie is the softest dog i have ever owned ! she would never snap bite or anything , it is the owners who make the dogs what they are ! i no someone who as a black lab and it is the most evil dog i have ever seen try to stroke than and it will have you so you saying shoot all labs now ? should ban the ******* owners not take it out on the dogs !

the trouble with a lot of these so called "fighting breeds"is , the owner aquires them thinking it is an extension to his arm , a legal weapon with lots of teeth , then when the drug deals slow down or they loose interest in the dog (which ever comes first) the dog is then left to roam , disscarded and ignored untill it is needed for the owner to look hard next time around , shoot the dogs and imprison the owner