Falcon FN19

Riothedog

Hi Folks

I've had one of these - in .22 - for about 2 years now and it's on my FAC. Knocks out about 28 ft/lbs. It goes 'Thuss-Whapp' as fast as you can say it.

If you've got one of these, what are you using in it? I've tried Magnum pellets which were very inaccurate and am now on Eley Wasps which are sort of OK.

I've got a Simmons scope on top which is OK but not spectacular - Meopta tops my centrefire.

Any comments?

Rio the Dog

FAC air rifles are a waste of time. get .22rf if you want a .22 over 12ftlb

reason i say this, most standard pellets will distort at anything over 15ftlb, thats why your accuracy is suffering. You might want to try some US websites as most (well all) of their airguns are over 12 and they seem to get on fine with what they use. try www.talonownersgroup.com its a site dedicated to the american version of the stealth series of rifles which producing some amazing power levels for airguns. They have a lot of tests on different "high power" rated pellets.

give it a go chap!

Jon

Edited by Jon-Boy

reason i say this, most standard pellets will distort at anything over 15ftlb, thats why your accuracy is suffering. You might want to try some US websites as most (well all) of their airguns are over 12 and they seem to get on fine with what they use. try www.talonownersgroup.com its a site dedicated to the american version of the stealth series of rifles which producing some amazing power levels for airguns.  They have a lot of tests on different "high power" rated pellets.

give it a go chap!

Jon

According to Fred Carter in What Airgun 2005 bisley magnums dont distort even up to 60lbs

Hi mate think i have just replied to your other post.

the JSB exacts are rated up to 30F/Lbs which means that Air Arms Field, daystate FT, and webley lazadomes should also be rated the same, as they are the same pellet (basicaly).

I have seen these pellets perform well above these levels.

Though a has been said the Bisley Magnums are rated well above the 30F/Lbs mark and should be about the best pellet for the very high power.

and you cant beat a decent set up rifle at FAC levels unless your using a 12F/lbs .177 but then you get into the rut of the which is better debate.

all the best

ROB :lol:

jon-boy

ther are times when a FAC at 26ftlbs is safer than a .22rf not as much ricochet so has got to be safer at times, im not knocking the rimmy i have one myself.

I use BISLEY MAGNUMS in my theoben it is deadly accurate.

Mike

reason i say this, most standard pellets will distort at anything over 15ftlb, thats why your accuracy is suffering. You might want to try some US websites as most (well all) of their airguns are over 12 and they seem to get on fine with what they use. try www.talonownersgroup.com its a site dedicated to the american version of the stealth series of rifles which producing some amazing power levels for airguns. They have a lot of tests on different "high power" rated pellets.

give it a go chap!

Jon

:D :( :lol::lol:

28ftlb airarms pellets

no prob.

there are a few ,very few pellets that are not so good, but they only cost about £2 a tin, youget what you pay for.

I have a rapid at 28ftlbs and use air arms no prob. But every barrel is different. You are far safer using a fac air rifle that a rim.

horses for courses :lol:

give it a go chap!

Jon

Tried an amazing gun which my mate had just finished making, running at over 50ftlbs and groups on a drawing pin at 35yds so I can't agree with your comments. He was using Daystate pellets but confirmed that other decent makes perform just as well. I must admit that I used to think pellets originally designed for sub 12ftlb guns would distort at higher energy levels but the proof of the pudding is, as they say, in the eating.

FAC air rifles are very versatile tools IMHO, more than adequate for knocking over rabbits and other pest species, cheaper to run than rimfire and in theory simpler to store as the ammunition doesn't need to be locked away.

Dear all

Thanks for your comments, although it turned into a pellet conversation rather than a FN19 one.

I've got some bisley magnums in a tin. I'll go and give them a go.

I was on the golf course last night and it's a long walk for 3 rabbits. Compared to my centre fire rifles, the scope is bobbins. I think it's time to get the wallet out...

Cheers all

RTD

Its been a while since ive played around with pellets, i bet there are some great pellets out their now that CAN withstand the extra ftlb's. I suppose the best thing really is just to buy and try, this way theory is put to practice and the real results will show!

As for rimmy vs FAC AR, yeah the air rifle is safer but you arnt really gettin that much of an advantage over a 12 ftlb air rifle, another 10-20 yards or so. And you still have to make a head shot which again, the skill level goes up.

Rimmy just leaves more room for error if you ask me, but at the end of the day we all have our prefernces to calibre, power etc. What makes the sport so great, the variety!

Good luck finding the ultimate FN19 pellet combo chap!

Jon

Edited by Jon-Boy

Eley do a heavy pellet said to be quite good in FAC versions but i forget the name. Damn this old age!!!!

My Friend used to have a FN19 a few year back and SWORE by H&N Field target trophy. I still use em today in my Stealth and they pack one hell of a wallop and are very good for accuracy. You may want to give em a go :devil:

Lord Geordie

i have a fn12 in .22 for the past couple of years i have used h&n ft&t they seem to do the biz, i have tried aa pellets but found them to be inconsistant mainly due to to mis-shapes.falcons are great little air rifles but i hear that air arms have now taken falcon over.

plinker