Sillosocks

I have never glued mine (instructions?) and have never had a problem with the flying off across the field

That's good to hear. I might give them a go without the glue then. They pack down very nicely without the rods which is one of the reasons I bought them but it kind of defeats the object if I have to leave the rods attached. The instructions say to use 3M super 77 adhesive spray so I suppose I can take a can of that with me when out shooting and use it if there are problems.

I've never glued mine i've put a bit of fencing wire under the white neck bar because the wire peg drilled a hole and they slipped down the peg and sat on the ground,i cut about 1" of straining wire and cut and glued it into the neck under the neck bar then they move round on the steel very rare that they ever lift off.

ive just ordered 10 of the silosock jackets for my deeks,

lets see if they are worth the money, dead birds take some beating but i'm open to being convinced these are as good or better,

the ukshootwarehouse is a good site and is easy to use, they should be here in the next day or two

mikee

have 15 sillosocks with rubber heads and 2 of the Hypaflaps on a magnet also with the rubber heads - I think they are the bee's whatzits :blink:

None of mine are glued <_< I carry mine in a purpose built box in my 4x4

Les :blush:

Ps I also got 10% discount when ordering ( just mention you are a PW Member) :blush:

Edited by Lez325

I bought the socks for some of my old shell decoys.

The paint is UV and stands out excellently, the socks fit over the shells and you make a hole in the underneath of the sock for your decoy peg to fit through.

The decoys movement is the same with or without the sock.

I actually cut the sock where it fits underneath the shell and used double sided tape to stick it to the underside of the decoy.

This enables you to still stack the shells.

ive just ordered 10 of the silosock jackets for my deeks,

lets see if they are worth the money, dead birds take some beating but i'm open to being convinced these are as good or better,

the ukshootwarehouse is a good site and is easy to use, they should be here in the next day or two

mikee

just received the sillosock over coats, they look superb, much better in the flesh than on the web, will give them a try later today, superb quick service from our sponsor, good on ya shootwarehouse

there were 12 in the packet for the price of 10 so double good on ya

mikee

Edited by mikee

i tried the new sillosock jackets today on my flocked full bodies, i couldnt find many pigeons so didnt bother setting a hide, i just put all 12 out on a bit of rape stubble and sat in my truck about 150 yds away and watched, almost every pigeon that came to the field (1's and 2's about every 15 minutes) came straight in some even landed amongst the coys but didnt fly off straight away like they normally do, in the end i got the gun and sat in a ditch for about an hour and a half and shot 11, i was well impressed at how well they stood out even compared to real birds, so from first impressions they do seem to be pretty good, i'll give them another go on saturday

mikee