blue tip- gold tip HMR

I have been using Remington v-max for my HMR for a while now and paying about £16 for 50, local shop price.

i was at a show the week end and bought 100 for £22 so a bit better but he also had hornady blue tips for £16 per ton but as i have never used them i didnt buy.

what are these blue tips like. are they as good as the v-max or do i just pay the extra stick with Remington's. i have been using the 22lr more as its cheaper for me to run at the moment.

whats your thoughts people please.

thanks

Phil.

I use both remington and the blue tip hornady and find I can swap between the two without a noticable difference.

I have found however that the blue tip bullets expand a lot more than the gold tip remingtons.

I am paying £9.30 a box for the Remingtons and £9 for the blue Hornady

The blue tips are exactly the same as the red - Hornady are using the blue tips because of an over run on .17 MachII ammo (Which hasn't taken off a well as expected - Can't see why not i use one, its fantastic and costs twice as less to run than the HMR).

You mean half? B)

I recently bought some Gold tip Remingtons (£12 per 50) to see how they do. Usually use Hornady blues (£11.70 for 50).

But for some reason my HMR shoots like a shotgun all of a sudden (ran a dry patch through it for the first time) so have so far not been able to compare them.

For a comparison between then along with CCI 17 and 20 grain, have a looksee in the september(?) Sporting Gun :yes:

£11 for 50 remmingtons

£8 for 50 Hornadys

£9 for 50 Winchester

thats the cash and carry price at oxon. only down side is you have to take fuel price in to it as collection only.

not sure on gloucestershire gun company price as i have only just found the place but its the only place i will use as my local shop now as the others in this area are w@#£

Phil