killer wasps

pyr8

They are dangerous. I had a massive wasp nest in my garden and my sister got majorly stung. When we called the fumigator we realised that there were at least a couple of hundred wasps. It could have turned nasty if they decided to sting all of us.

Luckilly I stopped my angry sister who was going to go out with bug spray and smash the whole nest to pieces. :good:

The wasps this year, seem even more evil and determined to attack us than ever before. I cannot get much peace sitting on patio in the evenings, they drive bomb and then the next one comes along, I shot down three in space of 5 minutes the other day when trying to relax with a flip flop. They have even been in the office and again seem to just attack people.

I have been stung from being too close to the nests aswell in the past, very dangerous and best to steer well clear of them.

was that the guy on the news that was stung once but was allergic to the sting?

He was strimming away and disturb the hive, he got stung loads of times. He phoned his brother for help but it was to late. Mungler haven't seen them euro wasps, i wonder if there grub would be good for fishing :good: , how big are they compared to our normal wasps

more_killers_hand_35.jpg

There were wasps similar in size to these dead on the beach in Zante. I found that out when I came along and stood on a dead one, well I think it was dead (it was after having 12.5st of me on it anyway).

Turns out the sting penetrated my second to big toe, and didnt hurt that much, felt like standing on an awkward shell with a little *****, so I kept walking, it was on the second step when I felt it again, I lifted my foot up to see and there it was flapping away stuck to my foot, I flicked it off right away and hit it with the flip flops I was carrying.

The pain slowly filled in within the next 30secs and it was unbelieveable, nothing cured it, it felt as if the inside of my whole foot was on fire.

Luckily for me, a girl who worked at the beach bar had seen me dancing on the spot and rolling around infront of the packed beach and came running over with some cream for this type of sting, how greatful was I? it was instand reliefe.

My toe was swollen for a few but all was well....

In the confusion, i cant remember weather it was dead before i stood on it, or if i killed it when hitting it with my flip fop, it all happened so quick.

Edited by Killjoy

It was a sad story sounded like he hit a nest with a strimmer which is going to upset them a bit. I've dealt with a couple of nests this year and theres not much to it, wait for early evening and squirt a load of powder arround the entrance to it and job done. Wasps take it in as they go back to the nest overnight and kills the lot.

People seem to over react about them but as long as you don't wave your arms at them and upset them its rare to be stung

When you say that you have removed a couple this year, I take it you work for some sort of pest control firm or the local authority??

I have a nest in the back garden, there going into the eaves of next doors flat roof.

They have been there all summer and not really bothered me, although im thinking now that it may be a good idea to get rid?? any advice or tips??? and im really not up for getting stung at all lol..

Wasp remedy.

If you can get a dish, plate, can, jar etc of diesel (about 50ml should do) under where the wasps are congregating or working (nest, bins etc). This is a very effective eradicator, see how many's in the diesel after 30 minutes. Don't need much diesel just enough so there is a distinct scent - vapour.

Obviously be careful putting diesel in place.

Final tip use red it's cheaper. LMAO.

:good::hmm::good::lol:

nope purely an amateur wasp killer, just get a ladder and get some wasp powder and squirt it in the hole they're using and retreat, as long as you do it quietly you won't get stung. about 7pm should be right at the moment to get them before they go in for the night when they carry the powder in thats when you kill the nest

Wasp remedy.

If you can get a dish, plate, can, jar etc of diesel (about 50ml should do) under where the wasps are congregating or working (nest, bins etc). This is a very effective eradicator, see how many's in the diesel after 30 minutes. Don't need much diesel just enough so there is a distinct scent - vapour.

Obviously be careful putting diesel in place.

Final tip use red it's cheaper. LMAO.

:look: :yes::yes::no:

Does this work better when ignited???? ???

used to have problems at work(golf course)every summer,had a couple of dedicated chub anglers who would dig the nests out for the grubs.if it needed urgent treatment half a gallon of petrol half a gallon of old oil mixed together poor down the hole put the can over the hole to block it,leave for a couple of minuites to let the vapour get well in the nest, remove can and ignite the nest from a safe distance.loud pop wasps gone.

yep don't go waving your arms at them or poking anything in the nest etc, you can put on a coat and trousers etc if you want its just a case of being sensible and probably best if you know you're not allergic to stings :yes:

would a bee keepers outfit and a 12ga work too?? :look: