how many of you where cammo from head to toe?

aaron airgunner

I should cover fully but I don't. I wear DPM jacket, a camo hat and green trousers.

Face is more of a give away than hands but be a good idea to cover both :stupid: Because there are so few around my way, I lay and wait for them to come out. This way I don't move much so it is not such a problem.

Full whack here !

Yep, full camo for me. Any skin showing is very visible to your quarry, get a friend to stand 40yds away in a field with no gloves on and see how much the hands stand out.

Try the above then ask him to move his hands and as you will be using a gun and aiming it at your quarry then it makes sense IMHO.

Yep, full camo for me. Any skin showing is very visible to your quarry, get a friend to stand 40yds away in a field with no gloves on and see how much the hands stand out.

i agree. even my rifle is covered in camo tape front to back, i cant see the point in being all camouflaged then pointing a shiny gun out of the hedge bottom

I shoot a lot of rabbit I dont wear any camo apart from my jacket and I dont wear that just because its camo, I wear it because its comfortable? with rabbit movement is the key, they dont see that well if truth be known, but movement noise smell and vibration from your walking will spook them regardless if you have a vulcan death shield on.

cheers KW

Hi all, totally agree with jojusa. I have a face mask with false leaves and the thin green mesh in front of your eyes, that works wonders. Quarry can definitely see eyes,hands ect.

I,ve been on this forum for a while but never introduced myself as I have problems finding my way around forums. Anyway here is rifles I have.

BSA Lightning .22, hw80 .177,hw99s .22 and newcomer BSA SUPERTEN blueprinted by John Bowkett. Love them all but would like the record trigger on the lightning and a .20 or .22 barrel for the 80.

I,m a bit ****** off tonight as I got knocked back for a permission which next to a permision I have by a fat wee baldy guy with a really **** attitude Felt like slappin the wee freak.

I'm a bunny basher, and with the terrain I have to cover (hawthorns), hanging camo is a problem. So, I go in olive green fedora, British DPM overall, and black leather gloves. If I know I'm gonna be diving through hawthorns, I take the thick leather jacket as well cos it's the only thing I own that seems to be immune to two inch long spikes...

For pigeons etc (and anything else that sees in colour) I use available vegetation to break up the outline and to hide my face. Local mud is good as well since it doesn't attract flies like DPM makeup tends to do... :good:

B) Yes everthing :good: but I just like dressing up :lol:

:lol: really?? :P:lol:

anyway, i'm usually just in dpm jacket & cap with black or dpm combats & whichever dark or dpm t-shirt takes my fancy. mostly going for rabbits which respond to movement more than anything else, any other quarry is a bonus to me (especialy rats - they're smart!....)

Here are a couple of pics to show how the hands and face stand out without camo. It's even more obvious when you are in good cover or among the trees and your face and hands are showing. It has the effect of those black screen puppets, meaning your body with camo is nearly invisible against the background and all that is seen is hands and face. (I did spare you all my ugly mush and covered it!)

shootingpics3a.jpgcamotest.jpg

Here are a couple of pics to show how the hands and face stand out without camo. It's even more obvious when you are in good cover or among the trees and your face and hands are showing. It has the effect of those black screen puppets, meaning your body with camo is nearly invisible against the background and all that is seen is hands and face. (I did spare you all my ugly mush and covered it!)

shootingpics3a.jpgcamotest.jpg

nice thanks for that :yes: yeah i wear everything completely really helps as jojusa showed. especially when its dusk and rest of your body dark then hands and face are glowing