Do you take a camera ?

Cranfield

Whenever anyone posts a good days shooting report, they are invariably asked if they have any pictures.

Naturally, the person asking the question isn't doubting the report, just keen to see a good "trophy" shot. :shoot::D

Am I the only one who never takes a camera with them when they go shooting and that includes all shooting ?

My first thought is that I may lose it, I don't take my wallet onto a field for the same reason (safely hidden in the vehicle, or left at home).

There is also the risk of damaging it (the camera, not the wallet).

I enjoy seeing the shooting photographs, especially those that include the dogs and PM's shooting video was worth watching, but I have never ever considered taking my own pics.

Perhaps its because cameras weren't invented when I started shooting. :sly:

I've always got my mobile with me on silent for when I need the father in law to come pick me up or if I ever got into trouble and as it's got a camera on it I could use that then just have to upload them to the computer which I can't do at the moment.

Ben

I do have a digicam but nearly always forget to take it with me...probably just gettin' forgetful :) BUT I think you should always have a mobile with you if only from a safety/security point of view especially if you're out on your own. Most good mobiles have a camera facility which whilst it might not be the dogs whatsits it will certainly take a photo that you could upload here. Don't forget the resolution only needs to be 72 for online viewing, anything higher is just wasting band width. Happy snapin'

I always have a single use camera with me, it stays in my kit bag, they are ok for photos of what you have shot or caught but not much good for distance wildlife shots. You can also take the camera and get it developed straight onto a disc. The photos on shootpigeons.co.uk (members page) were taken with that method.

I also have a digital camera, but after dropping one into 18" of salt water on a wildfowling trip i usualy leave that at home.

I generally take my camera everywhere with me. You never know when you may spot an oppotunity to take an unusal snap.

Most of the time I never use it. But on the times I dont have it...... I find something worth photographing!!!!!

In fact I did it today. I spotted on the road side a very strangely mutated colored rook, that looked more like a magpie!!!. Never seen one with so much white on it before, and I didnt have the camera!